England

Daily Fail tried to predict England's 2014 team in 2007 :lol:

d7eaa8f7b04894b23fc93e047554697e67d8b13d6c8c24f53d79e468ba11cd04_large.jpg

ammarfcb

ze special one
all this talk of rooney 'must play as no10'. he should be dropped. not move our best player on saturday for him.

english media for ya

XaviMessiGirl

Daily Fail tried to predict England's 2014 team in 2007 :lol:

d7eaa8f7b04894b23fc93e047554697e67d8b13d6c8c24f53d79e468ba11cd04_large.jpg

:lol: Though to be fair, it's hard to predict a team several years in advance, since you don't know who will end up breaking out and who will never realize their potential. I remember GdS did one for Italy in 2008, and only a couple are actually in the team now. Walcott would probably at least be in the England squad if not for his injury.

pEllee

all this talk of rooney 'must play as no10'. he should be dropped. not move our best player on saturday for him.

english media for ya

What? No, the criticism of Rooney has gone overboard and he's criticized in the media as well. He IS England's best player and he has proven that over the years. I hope you're not implying that Sterling is England's best player by the way...

As for Rooney, he had a fairly decent game against Italy. Missed a good chance, wasn't too involved apart from that (I'll put that down to poor service from a crap midfield) but had a brilliant assist and played quite a few nice cross field passes. Certainly not the worst player out there like many have suggested.

Last edited:

Die Bayern

What? No, the criticism of Rooney has gone overboard and he's criticized in the media as well. He IS England's best player and he has proven that over the years. I hope you're not implying that Sterling is England's best player by the way...

In a United shirt, perhaps. He hasn't been nearly as good for the NT an the criticism is justified in my opinion. He could be performing much, much better. I'm not sure it is the best thing to drop him as he has experience in those kinds of games, plus you never know when he might create something but he deserves the criticism. Roy won't drop him anyway, he wouldn't dare.

ammarfcb

ze special one

no. i'm just saying moving your best performer in the last game to fit in a 'maybe he can suddenly create something' player seems abit stupid.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I'd play a daring 3-4-3 formation.

Something like this:-

-------------------------Hart---------------------------

----------Cahill---------Jagielka-------------Baines--------

------------------------Gerrard---------------------------

--------Henderson-------------------Wilshere---------

-----------------------Rooney--------------------------

----Sterling------------Sturridge---------------Lallana----

attack, attack attack!!!!!!

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I'd play a daring 3-4-3 formation.

Something like this:-

-------------------------Hart---------------------------

----------Cahill---------Jagielka-------------Baines--------

------------------------Gerrard---------------------------

--------Henderson-------------------Wilshere---------

-----------------------Rooney--------------------------

----Sterling------------Sturridge---------------Lallana----

attack, attack attack!!!!!!

What if the other team attacks aswell

Ghosting

As for Rooney, he had a fairly decent game against Italy. Missed a good chance, wasn't too involved apart from that (I'll put that down to poor service from a crap midfield) but had a brilliant assist and played quite a few nice cross field passes. Certainly not the worst player out there like many have suggested.

What has Rooney proved? That he can score goals against San Marino and Moldova that he does well for Man Utd. Even if he is our best player which i doubt, he doesn't do it for England in big games and therefore what is the point, are we meant to keep waiting and waiting till he performs, or until he retires the latter being the more likely thing to occur first.

Home of Barca Fans