Argentina

Rassvet

Rassvet has some of the worst football takes I have seen on this forum. They can be so bad that I simply don't believe he is being serious.

Always trying to recommend some bum ass American player too from time to time.

how do you know they are "bum ass" btw? do you actually watch USA games or are you just assuming they are bad because they are American?

KingLeo10

how do you know they are "bum ass" btw? do you actually watch USA games or are you just assuming they are bad because they are American?

In this case, assumptions are sufficient. Considering US hasn't produced 1 player who has played for an elite European team while said team was actually dominant.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

In this case, assumptions are sufficient. Considering US hasn't produced 1 player who has played for an elite European team while said team was actually dominant.

+ the statement that Andrea pirlo is a top coach reduces his credibility :mou:

Seriously, the post from DonAK was a bit too much, rassvet watches nearly every US matches so im sure he has a good knowledge about their players, more than the most of us.

Rassvet

Barca legend Hristo Stoichkov spoke to Bartomeu about Alphonso Davies months before Bayern came on board. Bartomeu's response was "he is Canadian, no thanks." [@LuisOmarTapia]

JamDav1982

I know that nonsense story has been banded about but Davies agent was in Barca to negotiate a contract for B team and club took too long and Bayern came in with far better offer and first team.

Messigician

I know that nonsense story has been banded about but Davies agent was in Barca to negotiate a contract for B team and club took too long and Bayern came in with far better offer and first team.

U debunk too much fake news, Barcaforum members bot happy with u

KingLeo10

That's the kind of logic that led Bartomeu to snub Alphonso Davies :tata:

Davies is a good player but predictably, his biggest success has come against this carcass of a Barca team.

All I'm saying is you won't find a Carvajal, Alba, Alaba tier fullback in the US, never mind an Alves, Marcelo tier.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

They are bad. At least the players you recommend. There are some interesting talents coming through that could make an impact in Europe though so I'll give you that.

The MLS is a garbage league.

Davies is also the exception to the rule......that most US footballers just suck :shrug:

And he's Canadian and not American so that's another thing ;)
+ the statement that Andrea pirlo is a top coach reduces his credibility :mou:

Seriously, the post from DonAK was a bit too much, rassvet watches nearly every US matches so im sure he has a good knowledge about their players, more than the most of us.

Ah yes. The 72 year old wise man.

I watch Norwegian Football yet I don't tell you we should sign Erik Botheim and Ola Solbakken who destroyed Roma.

Last edited:

soul24rage

"Messi agrees with Argentina to focus on PSG in the coming months"

https://www.marca.com/en/football/psg/2021/11/18/61968a24268e3e2b7b8b456c.html

Hope this is true as Argentina's starting XI is set and the "squad players" like Julian Alvarez, Joaquin Correa, Palacios and etc. need all the international experience they can get before the WC starts.

Fun fact: This was the earliest Argentina was able to qualify in history with 5 games left. We can enjoy the rest of the games while drinking some mate.

Last edited:

Rassvet

"Messi agrees with Argentina to focus on PSG in the coming months"

https://www.marca.com/en/football/psg/2021/11/18/61968a24268e3e2b7b8b456c.html

Hope this is true as Argentina's starting XI is set and the "squad players" like Julian Alvarez, Joaquin Correa, Palacios and etc. need all the international experience they can get before the WC starts.

Fun fact: This was the earliest Argentina was able to qualify in history with 5 games left. We can enjoy the rest of the games while drinking some mate.

PSG, Argentina, Barca. In that order :messi:

Windhook

In few years I expect Canada to dominate CONCACAF (currently on top in WC 2022 qualifiers), the new generation of talent pool, mostly of African origin, is already making impact. Alphonso Davies of course the biggest name, but Jonathan David playing for Lille also should be mentioned.

As for Argentina, I think I mentioned in Messi's thread, WC 2022 will be another unsuccesful attempt to win the tournament for Leo for one last time, a swan song. Both Argentina and Brazil are shadow of their former glory and not considered favorites with the current generation of players. European NT teams are more balanced in quality, but the weather conditions in Qatar, complacency or poor coaching could lead to surprises.

Home of Barca Fans