Argentina

Richard.H

RIP, 2020 has been a terrible year all around. He was a great coach. It'll be a long time until Argentina FC has a competent coach like him.

Vilarrubi

Wonder if Argentina will start Emi Martinez in Copa America. Can’t see how they can’t after season he’s having for Villa. Whenever I’ve watched Romero or Armani for them they don’t seem very convincing at all.

soul24rage

Wonder if Argentina will start Emi Martinez in Copa America. Can’t see how they can’t after season he’s having for Villa. Whenever I’ve watched Romero or Armani for them they don’t seem very convincing at all.

Doubt Scaloni will start E. Martinez when he should imo.

Andresito

Staff member
Watch Martinez not even get picked. Or benched behind Armani or Gucci or whatever 35 year old GK from Argentinean league.

cyyqrptb8dy61.jpg

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Argentina have a very good team if they start the right players.

Martinez in goal, Lisandro Martinez at CB, Paredes and Rodrigo de Paul in the midfield....

But they'll prob start Romero, Otamendi and some Argentine league scrub instead.

Some variation of:

E. Martinez

RB - Otamendi - L. Martinez - Tagliafico

R. de Paul - Paredes - Lo Celso

Messi - Lautaro - Ocampos/di Maria

I guess

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member

Martinez in goal, Lisandro Martinez at CB, Paredes and Rodrigo de Paul in the midfield....

But they'll prob start Romero, Otamendi and some Argentine league scrub instead.

Some variation of:

E. Martinez

I guess

Lo Celso should be important. Acuna has done well for Sevilla too. Exe Palacios who was supposed to sign for Madrid has had a rocky season with a long term injury, but seems to be a regular for Leverkusen now.

Not a lot of world class players in the squad, basically none. Could maybe be a good thing team wise. But seems like the coaches always have some bum favourites from the home league like Pavon and Armani.

Maybe they're going for a 3-5-2 with Tagliafico LCB and Acuna LWB. Messi and Lautaro up front.

Imagine it goes to penalties and Messi, Ocampos and Aguero are the takers :messi:

DonAK

Lo Celso should be important. Acuna has done well for Sevilla too. Exe Palacios who was supposed to sign for Madrid has had a rocky season with a long term injury, but seems to be a regular for Leverkusen now.

Not a lot of world class players in the squad, basically none. Could maybe be a good thing team wise. But seems like the coaches always have some bum favourites from the home league like Pavon and Armani.

Maybe they're going for a 3-5-2 with Tagliafico LCB and Acuna LWB. Messi and Lautaro up front.

Imagine it goes to penalties and Messi, Ocampos and Aguero are the takers :messi:

What type of player is Palacios?

Tbh I don't know much about their younger players.

soul24rage

Some variation of:

E. Martinez

I guess

This would be mine

E. Martinez---Molina, Romero, L. Martinez, Tagliafico---De Paul, Paredes, Lo Celso---Messi, Lautaro, Nicolas Gonzalez

-Molina has been playing good for Udinese in his first season and has a good partnership with De Paul
-Romeo has been well for Atalanta
-Nicolas Gonzalez has been MOTM for Argentina's last 2 WCQ matches imo and provides speed in the team.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Normally i wouldnt give Di maria any starting spot after his shitshows from his last argentinia matches but he has played really well against Bayern and city so should try him. Argentinia's squad is really strong this season.

DonAK

The problem with Di Maria is that he's 10x better on the RW than he is on the LW.

And for Argentina he plays almost exclusively on the LW where he spams overhit crosses Dani Alves 2013 style all day long.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

The problem with Di Maria is that he's 10x better on the RW than he is on the LW.

And for Argentina he plays almost exclusively on the LW where he spams overhit crosses Dani Alves 2013 style all day long.

True, these days he is better on the RW but in 2014 he was a beast on the left side. Imo this time Messi shouldnt go back to help midfield which looks strong enough. Messi should focus on finishing, i dont trust lautaro.

Home of Barca Fans