Argentina

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Which players would you consider quality? I think Argentina are probably about 12th in terms of quality in the world. Miles behind Brazil. Even Uruguay have a few more quality players than them.

Strong squad compared to last years, when was the last time argentinia squad wasnt trash? 2014? De Paul has been one of serie a best players this season, paredes has been well too, Messi, Di maria. Lo celso, Dybala, Martinez are ok. Attack is good.

Rory

Strong squad compared to last years, when was the last time argentinia squad wasnt trash? 2014? De Paul has been one of serie a best players this season, paredes has been well too, Messi, Di maria. Lo celso, Dybala, Martinez are ok. Attack is good.

They've got a few more good players this time round such as De Paul and Paredes but very few genuine quality like they had in 2014. I'd honestly only say Messi in that list is quality. The others I wouldn't sign for barca. Dybala can't seem to get a game, don't know how much Lo Celso has played either. Still they are one of the favourites for copa america. Would put them as joint 2nd favourites. Brazil should beat everyone comfortably.

Andresito

Staff member
What type of player is Palacios?

Tbh I don't know much about their younger players.

Idk, similar to Paredes I guess. He did pretty well when he played for Argentina in 2020. Then he played either with Paredes or with both Paredes and de Paul in central midfield.

soul24rage

Idk, similar to Paredes I guess. He did pretty well when he played for Argentina in 2020. Then he played either with Paredes or with both Paredes and de Paul in central midfield.

Palacios is more like a box-to-box midfielder, more similar to De Paul than to Paredes.

A player like Lo Celso, Papu Gomez or even Buendia would be a great complementary midfielder alongside Paredes and De Paul.

Vilarrubi

Armani not called up and Emi Martinez is..... :worthy:

E1hSbF3WEAEX9So

soul24rage

The list is for European based-club players only. Very happy to see Molina, Lisandro Martinez and Buendia in the squad.

The local-based club players will announced in a couple of days.

Armani has been tested positive for Covid. Armani will be called up (even the likes of Palacios and Alario are called up even though they are injured) but don't think he will be available for the June WCQ.

The Copa is up in the air for Armani depending on certain circumstances.

JamDav1982

Argentina do have a better squad than before.

Not a worse squad than any team at Copa America than anyone bar Brazil and even then not huge amount in it.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Most important thing is they finally have good defenders. Martinez - Foyth, Romero, Martinez, Tagliafico/Acuna is a good backline. Hope the brainless Otamendi will not play anymore. Paredes, Lo Celso, Di Maria, Buendia/De Paul - Lautaro, Messi. They do not have a good destroyer though. Guido is mediocre. Martinez can push up to DM theoretically, and another CB would play. I haven't kept up with Argentina lately though so don't know according to what tactic they are playing.

Home of Barca Fans