Argentina

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/round=255959/match=300186501/statistics.html

Clearly Argentina was FAR superior and also they were just unlucky/choked with their chances.
The best goalie on this planet had nothing to do with it.

Stats don't paint the whole picture though. Say all you want Ryu, Argentina had a few clear cut chances that they could have scored (Palacio, Huguain, Messi) and they choked. Neuer had nothing to do with the three misses. This is not taking anything away from Germany which in my opionion was the superior team.

Anything that is deemed slightly defaming of Bayern or German NT will get your blood boiled, doesn't it? You are Barcaforum's official resident Bayern/Germany apologist. :lol:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I think the final was pretty even. More control overall by Germany but Argentina had the better chances and probably should have scored.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Stats don't paint the whole picture though. Say all you want Ryu, Argentina had a few clear cut chances

I didn't say that. But claiming Argentina were unlucky/merely choked/were (clearly) the better team, is just false recall from memory/revisonism.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I didn't say that. But claiming Argentina were unlucky/merely choked/were (clearly) the better team, is just false recall from memory/revisonism.

Nobody claimed Argentina was the better team, however they did have much better chances to score and they couldn't materialize at all. So in this way they choked.

L

linetty

Argentina had the better chances and were better defensively. That makes them the better team i'd guess, only German/Germany related people seem to think otherwise

The Germans had more luck on the day, looking at the whole tournament they deserved it more though

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Nobody claimed Argentina was the better team, however they did have much better chances to score and they couldn't materialize at all. So in this way they choked.

Wat?

"Luck? They were better before conceding at the end bruh."

R

Ryu Hayabusa

What is wrong with my original statement? Did I claim Argentina was better?

Believe whatever you want to believe, Ryu. Whatever floats your boat.

You say: Nobody claimed Argentina were the better team.

I quote the guy who started all this as he said exactly that.

Last edited:

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Popcorn-GIF-2015.gif

AURELIUS

and support their shitty argentinian 2nd division teams to death, week in week out, like it was the Champions League ..

I can't help but wonder, what IF, he had accepted to play for spain ... he'd probably have 3 world cups!

What a patronizing load of clap trap. Their shitty teams ? At least they support their local clubs and have a real link to them and don't jump on a bandwagon.

When they see Messi perform week in and week out they have a right to expect he performs like that for the seleccion. What they saw prior to Sabella and after the removal of Basile was far from that. Granted that was due to the ineffectual managers employed.

He was always going to be compared to Maradona. A player who gave everything in every game as a player with his heart on his sleeve. It's unfair to make comparisons as they are completely different characters in the way they approach the game but both have that unquenchable desire to win. In the last couple of years the attitude to Messi has changed greatly particularly with the last World Cup.

Play for Spain ? He was asked and he refused. He is a Rosarian through and through. That article mentioning that there are no monuments to him probably suits him given his character unlike a certain Ronaldo. He loves Newell's probably another shitty club you have no clue about.

Sabella all credit to him created a formidable defensive unit, Romero performed out of his skin for once and it is a real shame none of the fantastic four performed to their best. Hampered by injuries before the tournament and during it and no little fatigue for Messi.

One has to remember the ten behind the ball approach of many of their opponents which restricted chances and the lack of sharpness of Kun and Higuain in not finishing off several chances.

Germany were very fortunate to win. They had one really clear cut chance in the final apart from the goal. Poor finishing endemic in Argentina's entire tournament ie Higuain v Nigeria, Maxi v Holland cost them dear.

AURELIUS

Goalkeepers:
Sergio Romero (Sampdoria)
Nahuel Guzmán (Tigers)
Geronimo Rulli (Real Sociedad)

Defenders:
Nicolás Otamendi (Valencia)
Lucas Orban (Valencia)
Ezequiel Garay (Zenit)
Facundo Roncaglia (Genoa)
Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City)
Marcos Rojo (Manchester United)
Mateo Musacchio (Villarreal)

Midfielders:
Javier Pastore (PSG)
Javier Mascherano (Barcelona)
Lucas Biglia (Lazio)
Enzo Perez (Valencia)
Ever Banega (Sevilla)
Roberto Pereyra (Juventus)
Angel Di Maria (Manchester United)

Forwards:
Ezequiel Lavezzi (PSG)
Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
Gonzalo Higuaín (Napoli)
Carlos Tevez (Juventus)
Sergio Aguero ( Manchester City)

Players called for the upcoming friendlies against El Salvador and Ecuador. A pretty formidable squad but I would like to see Rulli given a start. It's a real pity Lavezzi and Tevez have been picked ahead of Vietto and Dybala to give them some real confidence to start settling into national team colours and when they are in form.

Some domestic players are yet to be called. Martino likes Banega but in time I hope he gets Kranevitter in ahead of him. Similar player but with a far superior work ethic and innate leadership a la Mascherano.

Home of Barca Fans