Argentina

Windhook

"In an interview with The Athletic, he said "I remember everyone called me Colo, which is ginger in Argentina. I don't like it much and Messi told the teammates, 'He doesn't like to be called Colo, so don't call him that!'""

Horatio

You're welcome
"In an interview with The Athletic, he said "I remember everyone called me Colo, which is ginger in Argentina. I don't like it much and Messi told the teammates, 'He doesn't like to be called Colo, so don't call him that!'""

I do feel he meant it comically in a way. Otherwise this is suicide for his status within the group.

Gnidrologist

First i thought his name-surname is a homage to this dude:

images

Horatio

You're welcome
Messi's status is untouchable, but the Mac Allister story makes Argentina NT locker room sound like a second grade in school.

You are just unfamiliar how Argentinians are in regarding to banter. If you show weakness they will destroy you. It is how they grow up and how they learn to defend themselves. You have to be smart mouthed otherwise you ain't getting the girls.

Windhook

You are just unfamiliar how Argentinians are in regarding to banter. If you show weakness they will destroy you. It is how they grow up and how they learn to defend themselves. You have to be smart mouthed otherwise you ain't getting the girls.

Thug life! Whether you are joking or not, it's no different than the environment in which I grew up. The "showing weakness is for sissies" mentality.

Horatio

You're welcome
Thug life! Whether you are joking or not, it's no different than the environment in which I grew up. The "showing weakness is for sissies" mentality.

I was not joking. I have a lot of Argentinian friends. And we go to a bar or club and whenever someone tried to make fun of them or needle them with remarks to lower their self-esteem they would always come out on top.
Unless they were rich kids from Buenos Aires. They seemed to be a bit more vulnerable. But most of my Argentinian friends were lower class or hippies.

Windhook

I was not joking. I have a lot of Argentinian friends. And we go to a bar or club and whenever someone tried to make fun of them or needle them with remarks to lower their self-esteem they would always come out on top.
Unless they were rich kids from Buenos Aires. They seemed to be a bit more vulnerable. But most of my Argentinian friends were lower class or hippies.

I understand completely. Not everyone have this sarcasm or laugh at yourself thing (self irony the word?) in them. But I still believe it's down to the individual, not a fan of generalizing a whole nation as sensitive, just because we know a small group of them.

Horatio

You're welcome
I understand completely. Not everyone have this sarcasm or laugh at yourself thing (self irony the word?) in them. But I still believe it's down to the individual, not a fan of generalizing a whole nation as sensitive, just because we know a small group of them.

Where did I generalize Argentinian as being sensitive? I am saying that if you ARE sensitive you are kind of @(#*ed. They try to bring you up not being sensitive and deal with the banter. Like in any part of the world if you show weakness people will just walk over you.

Let me clarify, even though I am not sure if it s relevant. I have never been to Argentina. Those instances I have partied with them were other Latin American countries and Ibizia. But spend a looooooooot of time with them. But some of the men from other latin americans view Argentinian men as a threat. Cause they kind of the heartthrob for many latin women. So then the men sometimes try to joke with them but Argentinians are very good at handling those situations.

One time I was holed up in an apartment with 14 argentinians on Ibiza. Was visiting a friend and since Ibizia is expensive I stayed at the apartment for a week. Slight majority were girls. On a few occasions the girls they thought I was asleep and would just get undressed to change in the room where I was sleeping. The girls from Argentina are also very liberal and open minded. Heheheheheeh.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans