Argentina

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Rassvet has some of the worst football takes I have seen on this forum. They can be so bad that I simply don't believe he is being serious.

Always trying to recommend some bum ass American player too from time to time.

Rassvet

Rassvet has some of the worst football takes I have seen on this forum. They can be so bad that I simply don't believe he is being serious.

Always trying to recommend some bum ass American player too from time to time.

Im definitely serious about Argentina being overhyped like crazy here. What's interesting is I remember Kingleo saying befor the final that Argentina had basically no chance yet now they are only underdogs against France? All it takes is one scrappy final win to change your perception that much but I'm the one with bad takes on this...

KingLeo10

Im definitely serious about Argentina being overhyped like crazy here. What's interesting is I remember Kingleo saying befor the final that Argentina had basically no chance yet now they are only underdogs against France? All it takes is one scrappy final win to change your perception that much but I'm the one with bad takes on this...

Winning a scrappy final against Brazil in Brazil to win your first big national trophy in 25 some years...is a huge boost to morale and self belief of a team. Look at their Qualifying performances since then. Lots of wins, no losses.

Where are all these dominant Euro teams that I'm supposed to have Argentina be afraid of? Brazil can hang with Germany, Spain, Italy, England...and Argentina have been hanging with or slightly superior to Brazil of late.

Horatio

You're welcome

They are not being overhyped. They were actually underhyped with some people still painting team as slow Messi-oriented even though they had already moved away from that.
Right now people rate them as fair WC contender not much more or less. And that is accurate imo. They are not my fav to win it but can get far.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

If there is a team which is overrated then its france. Believe me or not guys, germany will be the strongest team in WC2022. If they are on fire then nobody can stop them. Need to hope that france beat them on a good day with luck.

soul24rage

The two European teams that I worry about as an Argentinian fan is France and Germany.

France mostly of their pool of players

Germany mostly because of Hansi Flick who has the right group of players who can implement his philosophy

FinBarcelonafan

The two European teams that I worry about as an Argentinian fan is France and Germany.

France mostly of their pool of players

Germany mostly because of Hansi Flick who has the right group of players who can implement his philosophy

France suffers from inner conflicts. Even their mommas are fighting each other.

They might self-destruct. Germany hasn't performed that well. Let's just say, they ain't Bayern level.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

France suffers from inner conflicts. Even their mommas are fighting each other.

They might self-destruct. Germany hasn't performed that well. Let's just say, they ain't Bayern level.

Germany under flick is playing very well. Need to see how good they will play against big teams but except the first match of flick germany is outplaying their oppenents so far. The german fans are loving flick, after crap football under loew for years they see beautiful dominating football again.

mc_lovin

Germany under flick is playing very well. Need to see how good they will play against big teams but except the first match of flick germany is outplaying their oppenents so far. The german fans are loving flick, after crap football under loew for years they see beautiful dominating football again.

The opponents were rather shabby though.

KingLeo10

Germany 2014 had a lot of character IMO and simply superior talent.

Bastian, Lahm, prime Neuer, Kroos, Boateng, Muller etc.

I just don't see the current German team having a similar talent pool/grit on the biggest stage. I could be wrong though.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Germany 2014 had a lot of character IMO and simply superior talent.

Bastian, Lahm, prime Neuer, Kroos, Boateng, Muller etc.

I just don't see the current German team having a similar talent pool/grit on the biggest stage. I could be wrong though.

The current level of football is also much lower.... and the mentality lies in the blood of the germans, its something they are born with. Only france is able to beat them.

Home of Barca Fans