Argentina

gr98

3 changes to the starting line up against Croatia according to TyC Sports:

Pavon replacing Di Malaria
Lo Celso replacing Biglia
Mercado replacing Salvio

Screenshot_2018-06-17 Df5RoFZUwAE6Axw jpg (JPEG Image, 627 × 841 pixels).jpg

blaugrana1987

Too much pressure on Messi, which tells you all you need to know about him vs Ronaldo. If Ronaldo is to go out like last time, no one will say a word. Messi needs to deliver against us, I want Argentina to win.

blaugrana1987

Never thought they were going far in WC and doesn't look like now either. Iceland did fine but one should not be struggling against iceland if you want to win the WC. Can't see brazil or germany having problems against this iceland.

A new starting 11 is a must. Di maria should stay on the bench and some others also.
Germany had problem with Algeria. Croatia would beat France and Germany, but wont win against Argentina.

PhilS

I don't know what coach could take this squad very far. They have a very uneven talent level, several positions are deficient.

blaugrana1987

I don't know what coach could take this squad very far. They have a very uneven talent level, several positions are deficient.

These positions require more work and more "syncronization", but less talent, therefore if MF and defense is on point, they can do damage.

PhilS

These positions require more work and more "syncronization", but less talent, therefore if MF and defense is on point, they can do damage.

Did not see this type of teamwork jelling in the South American World Cup qualifying, and I don't expect to see it in this tournament, either. Some teams, like Iceland, play way over their heads, some, like Argentina, just don't.

blaugrana1987

Did not see this type of teamwork jelling in the South American World Cup qualifying, and I don't expect to see it in this tournament, either. Some teams, like Iceland, play way over their heads, some, like Argentina, just don't.
I agree with that, but remember, this is WC, it can go either way. IMO, with certain modification, this Argentina should be very good tournament team. They go to the bone, press high, have attacking talent in spades, Messi can provide something in MF...In general, they need to get themselves together, and after that, its anyone's game.

pregra

I know it means f all what their clubs are but beating Croatia with players from Boca and Independiente next to Messi seems weird. Meza was crap in the 1st game but has looked good in his other two caps. Pavon is hit or miss I think. Either he roasts his full back or is the worst player on the park. I’d throw Enzo Perez in there; usually performs and is quite a good all rounder.

Givenchy

Too much pressure on Messi, which tells you all you need to know about him vs Ronaldo. If Ronaldo is to go out like last time, no one will say a word. Messi needs to deliver against us, I want Argentina to win.

totally this.

Portugal, despite fluking that Euro win, don't expect to win the WC. Argentina, one of the greatest footballing nations with the OG GOAT there to criticize every mistake.. they expect to win it and in style. if they got off their cloud of delusion and actually looked at some of the players in that current team :lol:

Home of Barca Fans