Argentina

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Let's be honest, it is Spain they were facing, one of the best teams in the world. If Messi had played, I don't think they would have lost to Spain 6:1, but still they would have lost to Spain I am pretty sure. This Argentine midfield and defense simply could not handle this kind of firepower.

I actually thought Argentina did OK in the first half (only watched the first half for about 20 minutes). The problem with them is knowing how weak their midfield and defense is, they should probably have stuck to playing counters. Instead Sampaoli had instructed them to have some sort of possession football.

JamDav1982

That team wont be anywhere near the starting eleven at WC.

Going to be hard for Argentina but they have a better team than that.

raki

That team wont be anywhere near the starting eleven at WC.

Going to be hard for Argentina but they have a better team than that.

Of course. The team that played agains Italy played very well.

Mascherano cant play. He´s finished. He´s only going to the WC because of leadership.

Romero

?? - Otamendi - Garay(Fazio) - Tagliafico

Paredes - Biglia

Dybala Messi Di Maria

Aguero (Higuain)

If they use those 3 weeks of training properly they can be a strong team.

tacticvarium

It's just a friendly but things definitely don't look good for Argentina especially when the World Cup is not far away.
Their only hope is to park the bus like how Sabella's team did in 2014.
Messi should have won at least one of the finals. He was far from his best during all those finals and wasn't supposed to bottle it.

JamDav1982

Of course. The team that played agains Italy played very well.

Mascherano cant play. He´s finished. He´s only going to the WC because of leadership.

Romero

?? - Otamendi - Garay(Fazio) - Tagliafico

Paredes - Biglia

Dybala Messi Di Maria

Aguero (Higuain)

If they use those 3 weeks of training properly they can be a strong team.

Biglia is fucking awful as is likes of Banega.

Probably be better off taking a risk and going with Los Celso and Paredes sitting deeper.

BarcaOG

Banned
really sad and alarming. no WC hope. poor messi, that really sucks. in all fairness spain has such a better squad. france does too (on paper at least). and germany.

Devils

Honestly as much as people like to dream about Leo lifting the WC trophy, you have to be realistic with this Argentina team.

Simply nowhere near the elite teams.

MagIX

I actually thought Argentina did OK in the first half (only watched the first half for about 20 minutes). The problem with them is knowing how weak their midfield and defense is, they should probably have stuck to playing counters. Instead Sampaoli had instructed them to have some sort of possession football.

I agree.
They have to play like ATM, they must finally understand that they do not have the quality to play a qualitative soccer.
ARG must make up for the lack of quality with team spirit, the desire to sacrifice and run like damned, astuteness, perfect organization on the field, make the best of the few technical qualities of the players and take full advantage of Messi.

Home of Barca Fans