Argentina

jamrock

Zabeleta--Colo(when he plays)--Garay
isn't bad at all, its the leftback and goalie thats the problem and that stupid formation they play that over works and over exposes the fullbacks, as they have no width without them

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
What about Ansaldi for that left back role.

A back four of Zabaleta-Coloccini-Garay-Ansaldi is solid if not unspectacular. However they will have compete to the end, give every inch for the team and fight until the last. A lack of pace centrally though may be their undoing. But all four will do a solid job.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Zabaleta-Coloccini-Garay-Rojo(Ansaldi) or Zabaleta-Campagnaro-Garay-Ansaldi(Rojo) are Argentina's best bets for defence. I do not trust Fernandez much. He doesn't play for his club and he doesn't seem very reliable in the NT either. Willy should definitely be called up. Romero hasn't been very good in his recent performances and Willy is in Boss form.

AURELIUS

By and large the 23 man squad for next year is pretty much settled. But Romero needs to be removed. In a World Cup year instead of sticking with Sampdoria he runs off to Monaco to warm the bench. That alone indicates a lack of desire. He has become complacent and Sabella needs the balls to remove him and put in Willy.

And alongside him Barovero and Orion. Not Andujar.

In defence other candidates that need to be examined are Mateo Musacchio (Villareal) and Nicolas Spolli (Catania). One is young the other is a veteran but both read the game very well. Roncaglia might also merit further looking at if Sabella wishes to play a back three.

Midfield and upfront holds no problems and fingers crossed there are no injuries prior to next summer and the players are all fresh.

My 23 would be:
GK: Caballero, Barovero, Orion
DF: Zabaleta, Ansaldi, Spolli, Garay, Basanta, Peruzzi, Campagnaro, G.Rodriguez/Colocinni
MF: Mascherano, Gago, Banega, di Maria, Lamela, M.Rodriguez, Biglia
FW: Messi, Aguero, Higuain, Lavezzi, Scocco

The u17 have reached the round of sixteen to play Tunisia. Sebastian Druissi, Nicolas Tripichio and Matias Sanchez have caught the eye.

JamDav1982

Tevez should be nowhere near the Argentina squad.

He thinks hes the number one player and is far too individual.

Messi has thrived once the like of Tevez ego has been removed from the squad and he can feel like the leader with everyone looking up to him.

Cule4life

The Culest
But tevez is better than lavezzi imo
And his individualism is sometimes clutch like his screamer against Mexico in the last world cup

JamDav1982

But tevez is better than lavezzi imo
And his individualism is sometimes clutch like his screamer against Mexico in the last world cup

He is better than Lavezzi but his negative impact would not be worth it.

The reason he is not there is nothing to do with ability.

F

Flavia

New kit:

MESSI.jpg

Jogadores-argentinos-posam-com-nova-camisa-da-sele%C3%A7%C3%A3o.jpg

Jogadores-com-o-novo-uniforme-da-sele%C3%A7%C3%A3o-argentina.jpg

Gilberto

Crap, I bought Argentina's last kit and it looks like I'm going to have to buy this one too... Cannot... Resist...

Home of Barca Fans