Argentina

barcanuck

Best Fantastic 4 in the World : Messi - Augero - Di Maria - Higuain.

What makes Argentina so dangerous and a possible WC winner is that they are not like Spain where they rely on posession and those 4 players can kill off all sorts of chances on the counter. As long as they keep the goals against to 1 a game they will score at least 2 goals a game. My early fave for Brasil 2014.

P

PhilS

Gotta say Gago has always been decent for Argentina everytime I watched him (which isn't to often tbh). Should have had better career at club level in Europe imo.

Gago becoming the permanent starter for the Albiceleste was a key development for this team. He just fits really well with this squad. Before him, all the others tried at this position (there were lots of them) were a big weak spot.

Gago is one of those guys who is a lot better for the national team than he ever is for his club team.

Der Kaiser

Best Fantastic 4 in the World : Messi - Augero - Di Maria - Higuain.

What makes Argentina so dangerous and a possible WC winner is that they are not like Spain where they rely on posession and those 4 players can kill off all sorts of chances on the counter. As long as they keep the goals against to 1 a game they will score at least 2 goals a game. My early fave for Brasil 2014.

You cant win a world cup with a good strikeforce alone. Yes they have an amazing set of attacking players, but their midfield and defence are average, and a very inconsistent goalie. They will be fun to watch but unless they pull a few good defensive players out of their ass, they will be exposed against a stronger team like the last WC.

King Leo

Banned
For those who follow the Albiceleste's progress since Sabella took over, why Willy Caballero is not our goalkeeper? I mean is not like Romero is a star or anything? those who watched Willy make 13 saves today against Madrid can maybe give me an answer! He stopped so deadly shots from CR7.

Chainsaw

Killahead
For those who follow the Albiceleste's progress since Sabella took over, why Willy Caballero is not our goalkeeper? I mean is not like Romero is a star or anything? those who watched Willy make 13 saves today against Madrid can maybe give me an answer! He stopped so deadly shots from CR7.

What I assume from this situation is that Sabella is afraid to unsettle Romero as the undisputed first choice GK prior to the World Cup, who has been there for many years. He's making a big mistake though, as Cabarello is fucking bossing ATM, and Romero is not eat his best exactly and not even starting for his club.

Sadly at every WC we have seen some of these favoritism and blatant neflection from every coach of Argentina and unfortunately it seems that Sabella is no exception in this case either. Willy really deserve to be in the NT ahead of any other GK and he actually has to be the first choice GK.

Low blow by Sabella, even worse than his Estudiantes fetish.

Cule4life

The Culest

Easy because Sabella is an idiot. Not exactly rocket science mate.

King Leo

Banned
Willy CABALLERO has sent a message (literally) to Alejandro SABELLA with his performance today against Madrid and here's what he had to say:

"I'm sending a message through this match. I can't do more than this, which is playing. I hope it's the coach who says I deserve to go to the National Team. I'm doing everything possible to be with Argentina."

suckabov

Lemon curry?
What I assume from this situation is that Sabella is afraid to unsettle Romero as the undisputed first choice GK prior to the World Cup, who has been there for many years. He's making a big mistake though, as Cabarello is fucking bossing ATM, and Romero is not eat his best exactly and not even starting for his club.
Agreed, that's the only possible rational reasoning behind this. Performance-wise, there's no reason not to start him, let alone not include him. Can't be a question of a lack of elite experience either, given he's performed in UCL as well.

Paganinisrvnge

Maybe Romero will get an injury(not a bad one) before the world cup and Caballero will be one of the best GKs of the tournament while Messi bosses it and leads Argentina to victory.

King Leo

Banned
a GK in the world cup finals is crucial to winning the trophy. The chances of playing longer games and penalty shootouts is much greater in this tournament than others. I hate to see Messi's hard work get wasted because of a Goalkeeper's error.

Home of Barca Fans