Argentina

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Flavia is right but there's statistical arguments in favor of Bojan

- No Conmebol team has ever qualified for WC without winning a match in their first 3 fixtures.
- After 349 precedents only 4 countries qualified for WC with no victories after their first 3 games:
1950 USA
1986 Rusia
1990 Irlanda
2006 Costa Rica

Cheers.
They also play Colombia soon and unlikely to win in Barranquilla.
Soring 1 goal in 3 matches is not a very good indication either.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think they'll make it, but only if Tata is removed as coach ASAP.

I doubt Sampaoli will take up the job now when the qualification have already started. He might have after the Copa America, so Arg will have to find other options. Simeone also unlikely because he already got his hands full with Atletico.

DonAK

I doubt Sampaoli will take the job in the next 3-4 years.

He does seem to really love the Chile job, but after winning the Copa America with you guys, Argentina could have persuaded him to become their head coach, but I doubt he will leave Chile now.

Observer

Banned
When age factor in squad takes place it will happen (pretty sure of it), for now there could be a political issue regarding ANFP president dubious resignation.

DonAK

Would you like to be coach of Argentina at some point in the future?

Yes. To be Argentina coach is a dream because it’s the national team of my country. I dreamt about playing for Argentina when I was younger, but it never happened. You have to understand that it’s a difficult position to get to because of the competitiveness between Argentine coaches, but I will never stop dreaming that one day I might be coach of my country’s national team.

From Sampaoli's interview. Full interview here: http://as.com/diarioas/2015/12/24/english/1450974600_706752.html

He's committed to Chile, but things may turn out differently depending on that meeting. If he decides to resign, then AFA should simply get rid of Tata and hire him.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Sampaoli would be perfect :)

Btw, Argentina's new kit for Copa America 2016. This kit will have black shorts not white like their last kit.

2u6inav.jpg

Home of Barca Fans