Spain

SEvolution

Spain's U-21 squad

Goalkeepers: David De Gea (Manchester United), Diego Marino (Villarreal), Joel Robles (Atletico Madrid).

Defenders: Marc Bartra (Barcelona), Dani Carvajal (Bayer Leverkusen), Nacho Fernandez (Real Madrid), Alvaro (Real Zaragoza), Inigo Martínez (Real Sociedad), Marc Muniesa (Barcelona), Martín Montoya (Barcelona), Alberto Moreno (Sevilla).

Midfielders: Thiago Alcantara (Barcelona), Ignacio Camacho (Malaga), Sergio Canales (Valencia), Asier Illarramendi (Real Sociedad), Isco (Malaga), Koke (Atletico Madrid), Pablo Sarabia (Getafe).

Forwards: Alvaro Morata (Real Madrid), Rodrigo (Benfica), Iker Muniain (Athletic Bilbao), Cristian Tello (Barcelona), Alvaro Vazquez (Getafe).

THIS IS OVERKILLLLLLL!

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I really have no problems with Del Bosque's provisional list except for:

What has Javi Garcia done to deserve a call-up? We already have 3 DMs in Busquets, Alonso, and Martinez. Even though Michu isn't a DM, I still would have included him over Javi Garcia.

Negredo has had his best season as a professional and deserved a call-up over every striker on that list. I think Soldado's late-season surge bumped him off the team. Torres wouldn't have been called up if it was me.

Inigo Martinez is a much better defender than Albiol is.

Cule4life

The Culest
Though i dont agree with this team selection but the first XI picks itself most of the time
Players i would have included- Michu, Negredo, Inigo Martinez, Carvajal, Diego Lopez
Players i wont have- Javi Garcia, Raul Albiol, Arbeloa, Torres, Pepe Reina

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Though i dont agree with this team selection but the first XI picks itself most of the time
Players i would have included- Michu, Negredo, Inigo Martinez, Carvajal, Diego Lopez
Players i wont have- Javi Garcia, Raul Albiol, Arbeloa, Torres, Pepe Reina

I'd pick De Gea over Lopez since he needs more time with the NT as the future #1

F

Flavia

Alonso, Beñat and Javi Garcia are left out of the confed cup :VdB:

Final list:

Iker Casillas (Real Madrid)
Víctor Valdés (FC Barcelona)
Pepe Reina (Liverpool)
Álvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid)
César Azpilicueta (Chelsea)
Gerard Piqué (FC Barcelona)
Raúl Albiol (Real Madrid)
Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)
Jordi Alba (FC Barcelona)
Nacho Monreal (Arsenal)
Sergio Busquets (FC Barcelona)
Javi Martínez (Bayern Munich)
Xavi Hernández (FC Barcelona)
Santi Cazorla (Arsenal)
Andrés Iniesta (FC Barcelona)
Jesús Navas (Sevilla)
David Silva (Manchester City)
Juan mata (Chelsea)
Pedro Rodríguez (FC Barcelona)
Cesc Fábregas (FC Barcelona)
Roberto Soldado (Valencia)
David Villa (FC Barcelona)
Fernando Torres (Chelsea)

Stric

Wow, Alonso out?! That's a surprise... I'd love to see Busquets + Martinez, though. I hope that's the starting double-pivot.

Stric

Alonso's injured.

Oh... I didn't know that. Makes sense now.

Anyways, hoping for the Martinez & Busquets combo. :)

I'd like to see this:

Villa
Iniesta Fabregas Silva
Martinez Busquets
Alba Pique Ramos ???​

Silva or Mata... I'm not really in the know as to who's in better form at the moment.

Last edited:

barcanuck

Oh... I didn't know that. Makes sense now.

Anyways, hoping for the Martinez & Busquets combo. :)

I'd like to see this:

Villa
Iniesta Fabregas Silva
Martinez Busquets
Alba Pique Ramos ???​

Silva or Mata... I'm not really in the know as to who's in better form at the moment.

Old man Bosque loves his Arbeloa on D so he will be back on RB. Also Mata should start instead of Silva who has had an atrocious year for City.

Stric

Old man Bosque loves his Arbeloa on D so he will be back on RB. Also Mata should start instead of Silva who has had an atrocious year for City.

Thanks for the info. Of course, VdB has his own ways. I doubt he'd bench Xavi, or play Fabregas as AM and Villa as CF at the same time, either... This is just how I'd like to see it. :)

DavidVillano1

Mata should play, he's by far had the best season out of the whole squad.

My 11 would be this.

Casillas
Arbeloa Ramos Pique Alba
Xavi Martinez Busquets
Mata Villa Iniesta​

Although we know that Fabregas will start, as most likely will Silva!

Home of Barca Fans