Karim Benzema

El Gato

Villarato!
Think so far only a call recording been presented as evidence. It’s all just pointing to some two-faced immaturity behind closed doors which ultimately leads to nothing. Suspect PR team will absorb and he’ll pay some fine.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Think so far only a call recording been presented as evidence. It?s all just pointing to some two-faced immaturity behind closed doors which ultimately leads to nothing. Suspect PR team will absorb and he?ll pay some fine.

Not like he would have to serve time anyway, even if found guilty. Worst case scenario for him would be a suspended sentence or community service or a fine as you said.

But he's 100% been a scumbag here. I don't even know why someone of his stature would get himself involved in this mess, but you're as good as the company you keep I guess :shrug:

El Gato

Villarato!
He’s a lad from a rather rough neighbourhood and didn’t grow out of it while keeping bad relationships alive. Karim not exactly been a shining model of professionalism early on crashing Audis, losing license and all other stuff because he didn’t know how to cope with fame as someone who came out of that life, which he’s also been somewhat open about in interviews and documentaries in recent years. It’s why likes of Zidane sympathise because grew up in streets of Marseilles and knows what’s up. Which is something I can respect because it’s important to try and help folk get over mistakes of the past. Has he changed since..? Tough q but certainly has gotten a lot of respect in world of football over the years. I think at heart Big Benz still wants to be the Suarez bad guy cuz he was conditioned to in his childhood and didn’t have the balls to at the time (or was kept in check by the better friends), but now knows right from wrong, just isn’t smart enough to stop himself from making mistakes at the right time. Even now choosing to not go to court is a symptom cuz he thinks it’s all a big ploy against him and hides behind official statements from lawyers. Like, at this point he has so much leeway and good press, why would going to court hurt you? Unless there IS something you fear you’d let loose upon interrogation.

Bit disappointing for sure.
But I do think this is a way better version of Benzema than what we used to have anyway.

Horatio

You're welcome
Hmmm....I have been defending Benzema for years regarding this situation but I distinctly remember Wolfe taking an opposing stand. Now he's sympathizing with him?

Must be the transformation to a WC player that incited the change of attitude. Opportunistic imo!

To me he just suffers from an extreme sense of loyalty, a bit proud and hates injustice and feels he's being inflicted the latter just like when he spoke out when he was not picked for NT as he felt it was undeserved.

Benzema imo is one of the best mannered football players on the pitch. Would have acted differently if he tried to be some bad guy.
I was just very disappointed to see him talk bad about Vini that time.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Hmmm....I have been defending Benzema for years regarding this situation but I distinctly remember Wolfe taking an opposing stand. Now he's sympathizing with him?

Must be the transformation to a WC player that incited the change of attitude. Opportunistic imo!

To me he just suffers from an extreme sense of loyalty, a bit proud and hates injustice and feels he's being inflicted the latter just like when he spoke out when he was not picked for NT as he felt it was undeserved.

Benzema imo is one of the best mannered football players on the pitch. Would have acted differently if he tried to be some bad guy.

During those spiteful classicos with Mourinho I never saw Benzema getting involved with something stupid on the pitch. Can't say the same about some of the other players.

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
Everyone found those phone records back in early 2016, it's nothing new and everything is taken out of context and translated word to word without any explanations. They didn't find anything, they have nothing on him and that is why it is lasting this long.. all they are trying to do right now is damage his reputation, we all know that here in France. This is a good time for haters to speak nonsense about him again, every time something "bad" happens to him he wins over things again and again.

Hardy

The Prosecutor of the Court of Versailles demands a 10 month SUSPENDED prison (he'll still be free) sentence against Karim Benzema and a 75k fine. The verdict will be announced tomorrow

Windhook

If only Benzema had stuck with football and not get distracted with the thug life bullshit that many minorities around Europe have... He earns millions through sport, this whole blackmail thing sounds like some prank on Valbuena, that didn't end well on the other side.

El Gato

Villarato!

That Wolfe guy must have been chatting shit mate. Never said anything useful in his life.

Home of Barca Fans