Karim Benzema

BarcaOG

Banned
tell me again wolfe how many matches, leagues, titles and individual awards are given to the team/player with highest xG

tell me please. if you can name a single one, ill concede forever and always and will never bring it up again. i'll take anything above 0 as indicative of something worth dwelling on. but if there is none then yes, it makes about as much difference to the real world as highest number appearances by a foreigner, tallest active player, nicest haircut, ugliest smile, etc., anything you can fancy

El Gato

Villarato!
no reason at all: arbitrary idiosyncrasy

Ah. Tis what Poles do, so was curious

Here's a nice Benzema nugget from 50 pages back
The man the myth the legend

AFP: Benzema admits his role as an intermediary in the Valbuena Sextape case.

Summarized translation from reddit:

• Karim Benzema admited while in custody that he was to serve as an intermediary between his friend Karim Zenati, for whom he feels embarrassed, and Mathieu Valbuena in the Sex-tape blackmail, have told sources close to the case to the AFP.
  • He had first denied any role, but he went back on his word in the third audition while in custody, according to sources.
  • He said that Karim Zenati is a serious guy, someone he trust completly.
  • He had no word of compassion toward Valbuena, and asked about calling him « Tarlouze » (Faggot ?) in a recorded convesation, he says it's because he was mad at Valbuena because the press was talking about Karim Zenati, thinking that Valbuena ratted him out.

BarcaOG

Banned
are you polish? (or simply speak polish--dont want to assume)

also yes i agree completely that benz is a shitty human being with a cringy social media presence...all that i will grant you; i am just less convinced that he is as bad on the pitch as you suggest since, like i said, he is, more or less, a reliably consistent scorer/assister

El Gato

Villarato!
Everything has been said before. Do I need to repeat myself a 1000 times? He's conditioned to be at best a lackey to harder workers. He's a two faced prick in and out of the locker room, his stages of maturity went from banging prostitutes at 18, through playing a mate for his cunt buddy at 25 to now speaking in front of his teammate in a foreign language and on camera at 33. His finishing is shit with respect to top European level, laughable how the only way he consistently scores is on a header because he can't put the ball where he wants it with his feet with any kind of consistency. His movement is nothing anyone at top level couldn't provide. Not to mention he's 33 and is too slow to beat players and content with waiting to beat the trap 90% of the time (which is near impossible at this age at top level as he doesn't physical duels vs top CBs)/stay near the ball to pretend to be involved. He came off the worst 2 seasons from any striker in a title winning side to struggling oh so mightily to score 20-30, around which a narrative's been constructed that Madrid will have nothing if you get rid of that which is nothing but a worthless truism. Dude even now can't keep up with fat and finished Suarez despite ample opportunity for which he gets a pass every time because 'all strikers miss chances'. Several windows we could have improved upon him, but Perez wanted to keep him and didn't buy him a competitor to massage his insecure ego given how up and down he was when Higuain was around under Mou. Now we're in a situation where we went from a dude scoring 50 + his lackey adding 10 to a situation where we're content with the lackey blood sputtering his way to a 30 while he's wasting chances to have at least 45. AND the manager doesn't want to piss him off by benching him longer/is unable to correctly integrate an alternative to benefit the team. Perez decision to trust in Benzema-Bale partnership i.e. HIS transfers is the judgement call that proved terrible and many were against it at the time. Licking the wounds ever since

Basically roll the clock back 5-6 years and buy Lewandowski is the biggest missed opportunity of the last decade. And that Lewa and CR would be incompatible is the biggest myth around. CR was the one to ask Lewa about coming to Madrid years ago

And yes, I am Polish. Happens to be the case indeed

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
okay--see that makes much more sense and is indeed a convincing commentary, put that way. i guess i got side tracked by Ronceros constant praising of Benz as the best RM player post CR.

That said, i for one am decidedly not sorry that you didnt get lewa ~5 years ago. that would have been a complete nightmare for us, which is saying something, because the last few years havent exactly been great for barca

El Gato

Villarato!
Nah never been there. Had a Wallis and Futana flag (for banter) on my profile for a while which looks kinda like Hong Kong when small so maybe that's what that was?

El Gato

Villarato!
Not all, Lithuanian at a push 2-3 generations back, nothing more im afraid lol. Polish insults for Benzema are way more colourful though I have to say. Kapitan Kloc, Coco...

Home of Barca Fans