Real Madrid Castilla

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Current Barca B should belong in there, but with Eusebio we have a coach who doesn't know what he is doing.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Sorry for asking an ignorant question. Was any current players on RM's A team promoted from their Castilla team?

hulinat

51b1ff1c644bbdaafd041e6b5883b420.png

F

Flavia

Sorry for asking an ignorant question. Was any current players on RM's A team promoted from their Castilla team?

Jesé, Morata and Carvajal, I think. If i'm not mistaken arbeloa started there too. And Casillas.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Jesé, Morata and Carvajal, I think. If i'm not mistaken arbeloa started there too. And Casillas.

Thanks Flavia. More impressive than I thought. I was wondering what is the point to have this Castilla team when the vast majority of their players came from outside. :lol:

El Gato

Villarato!
Technically Casemiro too. Not strictly a canterano, but went through the Castilla drills before joining the first team last season. Too good to waste his talent in Segunda.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Technically Casemiro too. Not strictly a canterano, but went through the Castilla drills before joining the first team last season. Too good to waste his talent in Segunda.

Wolfe, how highly do you rate him? I haven't seen that much from him during RM's games, but when I saw he didn't really impress me more than others.

El Gato

Villarato!
He's still a young dude and when he played he didn't have terrible games and he has had a few brilliant ones. His preseason was great and then he's put in some great effort coming on as a sub. He stood out. He's a bit like Varane at the start with less playing time. And remember he's only been recently brought into the first team so he won't have to shine every game. He's got lots of time to develop and soon Xabi will start to age faster and he'll be able to get into rotation more often.

Trickykid

Important OT Girona equalizer against the mini merengues tonight, meaning they're still in the relegation zone. Their last two matches are against high flying Las Palmas and in-form Cordoba, who are both very much in contention for promotion play-offs.

Edit: 4 games left, not 2.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans