Real Madrid Castilla

veryfatchocobo

Hmm, Mourinho's statement regarding the RM youth suggests a problem in the Castilla philosophy, since they play 24 yr old Segunda-quality players instead of their youth. Suggests the Castilla philosophy needs to be changed and not the 1st team's.

Yugi

Mourinho was having none of it. "I was the one that brought him into the first team squad," Mourinho said. "Who called him up for pre-season with the first team, three times? Me. Who stopped him leaving? Me. Who gave him a first-team contract? Me. Who arranges all that? Me. You lot calculate on the basis of the games he doesn't play. I calculate on the basis of the games he does: Getafe, Mallorca, the cup, last season. You lot talk but we'll keep on our path. The merit is his. But I did that. You seem to forget that I didn't like Juan Mata go or Alvaro Negredo. I let Pedro León go. But, remember: Mata? Not me. Negredo. Not me."

"Excuse me," asked one journalist, "but isn't it a bit opportunistic for you to say that? Morata has hardly played at all."

"Yes," replied Mourinho, "he plays so little that he comes on and scores."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/nov/12/cristiano-ronaldo-real-madrid-levante?CMP=twt_gu

that´s a brilliant shitstorm by Mourinho on Castilla players getting their chances, one would think Morata is better than Pele and Mourinho is slowlu unleashing his potential
//also I forgot to add, Mourinho = best coach ever, all hail this brilliant mind behind promoting youth players :worthy:

Last edited:

barcanuck

Mourinho really has no place speaking about Castilla or any youth team players. He has never worked with youth teams, he tries it just to look like he gives a damn but he doesn't. In the 3 years he is at Real did anyone make it through from the Castilla? Nope. He just relies on established assets and always will. He should keep his mouth shut about the Castilla. It's not his team to manage.

WallBreaker

Just wanted to drop in and say that according to CIES ( centre for international sports studies, one of the premiere sports research facilities in the world, founded in part by FIFA) has ranked Real Madrid's la fabrica as one of the top 10 youth academies in europe.

The rankings are based upon how many players that come from a club's youth system are now playing in europe's top tier football leagues. ( division 1)

To qualify to be counted the players has to have been a youth player between the ages of 15-21 and have stayed atleast 3 years in the system.

With Players like Morata, Jese, and Cheryshev to make the definite jump, madrid should fall right around 7th to 6th place.

Fc Barcelona is 4th.

Ajax is 1st.

The only other "big club" to even be near the top 10 is manchester united at 17th.

:laporta:

Last edited:

Galning

I assume we will overtake Ajax pretty soon since most of our youth players are pushed out anyway nowadays :D

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Thanks for sharing. We have always had our La Fabrica ranked among the best in the world, not too long ago at the peak of La Masia we were ranked number one, and if I am not mistaken, 18 La Liga teams had a Real Madrid youth player. We just don't use them very well and we just don't have a vertical system like Barcelona does. Our youth set up in the past few years has been focused too much on competitiveness and not first team integration. We wanted every single division of our team to be at the highest possible level and we did that. However, this doesn't promote players to the first team.

Just recently we are promised promotions of our own youth players in Jese, Morata, Nacho etc.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Ajax is first?

Yeah, they have consistently been very high on those lists. Just look at players from their academy playing at other clubs in Holland: Maher, Lens, Jozefzoon, Castillion, Rodney Sneijder etc. just to name a few.

Home of Barca Fans