Song: "This is the best team in the world"

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Former Arsenal man, Alex Song fulfilled a childhood dream by completing a move to FC Barcelona.
Cameroon international signed a 5 year contract yesterday and was presented at Camp Nou.

barca_getty_2315586b.jpg

"(I am) very happy to be here, this is the best team in the world, playing at a club like Barca is something I wanted when I was young.

"I hope the team will continue to win, this is a winning team. They win everything. I will give my best on training and when I get the chance to play I will do it."

Song said that his former teammate at Arsenal, Cesc Fabregas, will be helping him settle at Barcelona.

"I know Cesc very well, I slept at his house (on Sunday). He's a very good friend of mine, he will help me to integrate."

Song joined his new team-mates for the official team presentation at the Joan Gamper Trophy at the Nou Camp last night, where the Catalan club face Sampdoria.

Cameroon international received standing ovation at the Camp Nou, having become Barca's second signing of the summer after the Catalans snapped Spain international Jordi Alba from Valencia.

F

Flavia

Some more quotes:

@barcastuff
Song: "I have two sons and they admire messi. They talk about him day in day out. I couldn't refuse this offer. Everything went really fast"

"I want to thank Arsenal and the manager, Arsene Wenger, for having helped me to get here"

"Messi is the best player in the world. Until now, I could only watch him on tv, now i'll be able to play with him."

"I know this a team full of quality players, so it's up to me to learn and to compete for a spot in the team."

"People comparing me with former Barcelona player Yaya Toure? We are different players, we each have our skills."

"Playing the Super Cup? If the coach wants me to play, I'm ready for that. Would be great to play the Super Cup against Madrid."

"I didn't come here to take Busquets' place, he's the best defensive midfielder in the world . I come here to help the team."

"I can play at centre back too, played there a few times at Arsenal. I'll play where the coach wants me to play."

"The Camp Nou is a magical stadium. I already knew it from playing here with Arsenal, but having it as home ground must be fantastic."

"When you arrive in a new country you have to do all you can to integrate. I plan to learn to talk some Catalan."

X

xaviniesta

man, those kits look beautiful :wub:

Some more quotes:

"I didn't come here to take Busquets' place, he's the best defensive midfielder in the world . I come here to help the team."

:wub: :wub:

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Saying all the things you hope to hear

"Happy to be here, Barça is the best club in the world. I've already felt this is a family club, it won't take long to adapt."

"Last week, I was holding renewal talks with Arsenal, but when Barça showed interest, I didn't doubt. You only get this chance once."

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah Mike. Ibra kissed the badge, talked about his childhood dream, and when asked about running and pressuring like Eto, he even said he'd run like crazy if needed.
So far so good, but let's wait and see how he really adapts to bench.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Definitely can't disagree with you Bojan...It's an advantage then that Song doesn't carry a history of disrupting team chemistry

jairzinho

I don't think Song's ego is nowhere as big as Ibra. Ibra has Probably the biggest ego in all of football, only surpassed by the so called Special One mou-rinho.

a2_barca

Of course I am no where an Arsenal Fan but then I would like it if, out of humility, he would respect Arsene Wenger and Arsenal. Arsene made him! I mean suppose one day he leaves barca, he isn't going to show humility to barca too!

Well maybe it isn't good to think a lot. Hope you are trusted as much as busquets and get game time as much as keita (He played a lot lot lot lot of games if you see his stats)

Home of Barca Fans