FC Barcelona B

Porque

B team is winning 2-0 with a Jutgla double.

Wonder how much Barca B can make this summer. EZ Abde has been reportedly trainsfer listed and it is almost certain Jutgla will be sold too (though perhaps he could provide first team depth?)

Potentially we could squeeze 10m from each.

ajnotkeith

B team is winning 2-0 with a Jutgla double.

Wonder how much Barca B can make this summer. EZ Abde has been reportedly trainsfer listed and it is almost certain Jutgla will be sold too (though perhaps he could provide first team depth?)

Potentially we could squeeze 10m from each.

Doubt 10m for either, 5m at most but I really think we should give Jutgla a shot next season as a rotational or backup option, having extra profiles especially from the bench can be helpful. If nothing, he gives great effort and attitude even if he isn't the most talented player.

We often don't give forwards from the B team a chance if they are older (Soriano, Nolito, Manaj, Jutgla etc) who all showed good things and interesting profiles which we didn't and don't have in the first team. I actually saw Manaj today whilst watching Torino, he played very well against a good central like Bremer and scored, with a strong physical presence.

I think we could be missing another useful player in Jutgla, at least let's see how he contributes to the first team, because we will not get much from selling him. He has 17 goals for B this season and knows how to attack the depth, isn't too slow and is quite strong and durable. Also, for a lower division player, he has quite the shooting technique, with nice curl and power. Not an amazing player or 'Barca level' but he offers hard work and application which is always useful.

Last edited:

Messi983

Jutgla is pretty good for an Espanyol reject. But he's 23 so it's the best for him to move on rather than rooting on our bench. We want to sign a striker and Auba will be kept around as a backup. Ansu and Ferran can also play upfront so he would be like a 4th/5th choice striker, just not worth to keep him. Get some money and let him build his career in a mid/lower table La Liga team (I think he has enough quality to be at least a squad player for teams like Getafe or Osasuna) or abroad. Preferably some BL or EPL (well, more likely Championship) team will come after him as they have more money than most Spanish clubs.

Position wise keeping Abde as a cheap 4th winger option would make more sense but he just doesn't have enough quality imo. We spend actual money on him so we might try to hold onto him for a bit longer though and include a buy-back option. Not meaning we would actually bring him back to keep him but rather re-sell for a higher fee in case he would do very well in a new club and his value would increase a lot. Very unlikely but stranger things have happened.

BTW, according to Sport we're considering Mascherano to be a Barca B coach next season. Yes, please. Looks like he's staying with Argentina U20 for now though. Another candidate is Ludovic Giuly. Always liked him as a player but don't really know what to think about him as a coach. He's been retired for almost a decade but is only now trying to get into coaching. Not sure if Barca B is the place for him to start.

Last edited:

Porque

The B team is also back to a run of wins and might make the playoffs.

Abde is someone I've keenly watched and wanted to develop his overall game, but it hasn't come. I've read that he is available if we fetch a suitable price or will be loaned.

I think Jutgla we could keep in the first team setup until the winter market and assess what kind of minutes he has. Better than having Braithwaite and now a proven scorer.

We don't really need to spend 30m on Adama If we develop Abde. Pretty much the same type of player, and both had the new arrival overperforming in the first team before dropping.

Anyways, the B team has Fabio Blanco banging them in and Ilia's now 18, so they can be the starters next year. I think Fabio has a high ceiling but unless they try him as an inverted winger then his best chances will be at right back. I don't see him having the individual ability to dominate the right wing in pro football.

Messi983

Talking about Abde, don't know if this is a news but I've just read in Sport that he and Inaki Pena are represented by former Sociedad and City player Javi Garrido whose agency Integral Advising Football is collaborating with Jorge Mendes for some time already. Mendes is of course also agent of several other Barca players like Ansu, Nico, Balde, Adama and Trincao.

It's a shame Abde is not Portuguese so Mendes could sell him to Wolves for like 20m but it's probably a good news anyway if he'll help us to sell him.

Porque

Alex Valle

Really like this player. Hope he features alot more for B next season and they either promote or loan Balde.

Porque

So it hasn't been said but Almeida starting for the B team this weekend, and he wasn't very good. He has a long development to go.

Alex Valle got another start and he dissapointed me unfortunately.

The B team lost 2-1 to Sevilla Atletico with Ramos Mingo grabbing a nicely headed goal.

ajnotkeith

Ferran Jutgla : 'Barca don't want me'.

Rumoured to be leaving to Brugge for around 5 million euros.

Collado on the other hand looks like he is coming back, which strikes me as pretty unjust. Jutgla was much better with the B team in a harder division and is getting thrown out without a proper chance. I didn't really like Jutgla but he has some strong points and probably room for growth.

Porque

Brugge is a good move for Jutgla. His stock may not be higher than this season. So best to take the money, even if I do think he would be a nicer 24/25 man in the first team than Braithwaite.

As for Collado, after a tricky start he established himself at Granada. He should not dream of playing for Barcelona next year and instead look to build on this with another loan- or straight sale with buyback (that 95% won't get used).

Last edited:

Messi983

Ferran Jutgla : 'Barca don't want me'.

Rumoured to be leaving to Brugge for around 5 million euros.

Collado on the other hand looks like he is coming back, which strikes me as pretty unjust. Jutgla was much better with the B team in a harder division and is getting thrown out without a proper chance. I didn't really like Jutgla but he has some strong points and probably room for growth.

Just because Collado will return doesn't mean he'll actually be here next season. Could still sell him after preseason.

Selling Jutgla for 5-7m is a no brainer imo. Yeah, he had some good moments in the first team before we brought better players but has never regularly really proven himself above Segunda B level and is already 23 so chances for him to make it here longterm are close to 0 and it's better for him to move on with his career than waste next season on the bench.

Also by selling him now he can actually choose where he'll go to (something which wouldn't necessarily be the case if we'd decide to sell in late July or August when most teams interested in him now would probably already sign other players instead of him; only Barca is stupid enough to chase one player whole summer) so the club is actually doing him a favor. And If he'll go to Brugge he'll also have a chance to play CL football.

Messi983

[@bonagerman��] | After almost 12 years at the club, Arnau Comas will LEAVE Barcelona. He has rejected the latest renewal offer of 2 years because it was for the B team. He has several offers from Spain and abroad on the table and is studying them. #fcblive

Messigician

🚨 OFFICIAL: Bar?a B will be renamed to Bar?a Atl?tic, after this suggestion was approved by the club's Board of Directors

Dayum Barca B dead

khaled_a_d

�� OFFICIAL: Bar?a B will be renamed to Bar?a Atl?tic, after this suggestion was approved by the club's Board of Directors

Dayum Barca B dead

It is the historical original name of the team till 1990, stayed as Barca B for 18 years till 2008 and Laporta changed it back, then Rossell decided to make it Barca B again.
Think Athletic is cooler name tbh, but in few years the new president will change it back

Porque

I think we have to now leverage this team as the premier development team in Europe. Exist outside of LaLiga ( so no promotion to Segunda), sign their own sponsorship deals and collaborations, sell their own rights and use it for the premier LaMasia talents and consistent top talents in the 5-15m range.

Their account can exist outside of the salary cap LaLiga bubble.

The game has changed so we have to utilise one of our best assets.

Home of Barca Fans