FC Barcelona B

Bobo32

[@bonagerman��] | After almost 12 years at the club, Arnau Comas will LEAVE Barcelona. He has rejected the latest renewal offer of 2 years because it was for the B team. He has several offers from Spain and abroad on the table and is studying them. #fcblive

I enjoyed this player in Barcelona B, but whenever I saw him in A he looked a bit out of his depth tbh. Think he is talented and might succeed in a smaller club though!

Porque

Arnau Comas has signed with Basil.

csm_a167a1a6d4993f95453c794a997628060eb5e8d3-fp-825-550-0-0_7e08e69bd1.jpg

Good luck Homelander.

Messi983

Chadi Riad close to sign a new 2+2 year contract and he'll play for Barca Atletic next season.

Could have important role in defense with Comas and Marmol leaving.

Last edited:

Messi983

Here is my current projected squad for next season but still a lot of question marks.

GK: Tenas, Astralaga
RB: Alvaro Nunez (?), Dionkou (?), Sergi Rosanas
CB: Riad, Almeida (?), ???, ???
LB: N'Diaye, Valle
DM: Casado, Sanz (?)
CM: Matheus Pereira (?), Garrido, Txus Alba, Pablo Torre (?), Aranda, Emre Demir
RW: Ilias, Blanco, Pedrola
LW: Abde (?), Abe (?), Alarcon
ST: ????, Barbera

We should be good in goal and midfield although potentially could bring a more experienced CM if Pereira is sold. He's probably more valuable to the team than what we can get for him on the market but at 24 might want to move on in his career and we shouldn't really stand in his way if that's what he wants. But if he's ok to stay another year then I'm fine with that. If he leaves maybe Aranda could take over his role. Yeah, he's only 21 but still more experienced than other teenagers just promoted from Juvenil A. Ofc Pablo should become important player too if he won't stay with the first team.

I think we're also ok at LB and RB (if that Bilbao guy is really signed and we'll also use buy option on Dionkou - not seen anything on that recently but the last I've read is the club is very pleased with his progress) but need at least one if not two CBs and clearly someone to replace Jutgla's goals. Barbera could potentially do that but would prefer to slowly integrate him into the team and we need a new striker anyway. Possibly a LW as well depending on what happens with Abde. Abe just can't stay fit and others are still kids.

khaled_a_d

Here is my current projected squad for next season but still a lot of question marks.

GK: Tenas, Astralaga

We bought Nil Ruiz as new GK.
Don't know how good he is, but I don't expect both Neto and Inaki to stay
And with new trend of calling 3 GK in 1st team in match days, I expect Tenas to be 1st team 3rd GK with Nil and Astra starting most games for B team

Messi983

Reports we'll sign Roberto Fernandez, a striker from Malaga. We'll pay a loan fee and have a 1m buy option according to Diario Sur.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/roberto-fernandez/profil/spieler/720518

Good thing is he has experience at a higher level than we're playing at as he has played 32 games (15 starts) in Segunda. Has only scored 2 goals but then again Jutgla wasn't exactly a prolific scorer for Espanyol B either before he joined us last summer so hopefully this guy can make a similar impact. And he's also a few years younger. But tbh I think he's probably more a replacement for Jordi Escobar and we'll still look to sign another striker.

Porque

Would like to see us target a striker with a much higher ceiling. We should see how incredibly inflated the striker market has become and look for longer term options.

khaled_a_d

Reports we'll sign Roberto Fernandez, a striker from Malaga. We'll pay a loan fee and have a 1m buy option according to Diario Sur.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/roberto-fernandez/profil/spieler/720518

Good thing is he has experience at a higher level than we're playing at as he has played 32 games (15 starts) in Segunda. Has only scored 2 goals but then again Jutgla wasn't exactly a prolific scorer for Espanyol B either before he joined us last summer so hopefully this guy can make a similar impact. And he's also a few years younger. But tbh I think he's probably more a replacement for Jordi Escobar and we'll still look to sign another striker.

Well, happy birthday to him

Messi983

Good birthday gift if he'll really sign for Barca (B). :)

Would like to see us target a striker with a much higher ceiling. We should see how incredibly inflated the striker market has become and look for longer term options.

Agreed. I've said this a few times already. But problem I see is that these type of strikers are usually more expensive than for example CB punts we've done over the years with likes of Araujo, Marlon, Cuenca and many others brought to Barca B (and likes of Mina and Todibo directly to the first team as well). And if you bring 10 players like that and in the end one of them turns into what Araujo is today it's totally worth it.

Now when it comes to Barca B strikers we were usually betting on a bit older/more experienced players like Jutgla last year, Manaj before him and Jonathan Soriano if we're going all the way back to Lucho's days in Barca B. They did their job and we earned some money but their potential was lmited and it was never likely they would establish themselves in the first team longterm even as backups.

Of course your point is valid. Market even for strikers who had only like 6 good months or so is inflated and given the fact we just doesn't seem capable to produce a true #9 coming through La Masia (tbh I like both Victor Barbera and Fabian Luzzi but based on past experience again unlikely they'll make it here, really hope to be wrong though) who could stay longterm I'd like us to invest like 5-10m in a 17-18 years old Brazilian (or these days more likely an Uruguayan as they've produced some good ones and they're also cheaper) striker talent and see how he'll develop. Basically discover and sign a Darwin Nunez before he moves to Almeria for 5m and he's worth 5x more after one good season in Segunda and then is almost a 100m player two years later. But for some reason we prefer to just "monitor" these players and wait for them to sign for other clubs where their value increase (which makes signing them not only more expensive but also more risky) while OTOH we're not so affraid to take a punt on CBs and midfielders.

LB is another position in which we didn't really invest that much over the years in terms of signing talents through Barca B. We've obviously bought Digne and Firpo for the first team and hope one of La Masia kids (Cucu, Miranda and now Balde) will turn out good rather than try to look for cheap LBs with potential. Akieme is the only one I can remember we've signed but his ceilling was always more likely a good player for mid/lower table La Liga teams than being close to good enough to become a backup for Barca let alone a future starter. And then there was also that Diego Palacios (IIRC) guy who we were close to sign but he prefered to go to LAFC (don't know how he's doing there).

Sure, Alba was still playing on a relatively high level (at least compared to some other amigos :busquets:) but with his age I think over the last few years we should look to bring more talent to the club who could potentially replace him longterm. Even if you already have Cucu/Miranda and Digne/Firpo there is nothing to prevent you to bring another high potential LB to compete with them. Even in an unlikely scenario more than one of them would turn out good enough longterm you can always sell those who you don't believe will make it. It's easy to do that when you bring guys for relatively cheap or if they are your youth products. And we've had more than enough money to do those type of signings a few years ago just not enough vision.

My preference is always to double or even triple down on talents in all positions where we're not already stacked with young starting quality players in the first team (and even in those positions if possible because you never know when injuries will ruin certain players careers). At this time outside of a CM with Gavi, Pedri, potentially Torre and maybe a CB (if we bring Kounde) we could use that strategy in basically all other positions. Just inject as much talent to the club as you can either by signing directly for the first team, using a buy and loan back strategy (it worked well for Pedri) or by signing less proven players for Barca B. Now obviously not every player will sign for Barca B if he won't see a clear path to the first team when he can go to a developing team like Salzburg, Dortmund or Ajax, do good there and then have his options wide open within a year or two. So when you find players like Torre who you think could become something special and he actually wants to join (even if that means he'll maybe need to play on Segunda B level for some more time) then the club must do everything to sign him. I'm sure we can find cheap high upside talents like him in other positions too.

If we sign Lewa (for the right price) that's fine but given his (and Auba's) age we should definitely also start to look at his longterm replacement already. Now it's always possible our financial situation will improve enough in coming years we could potentially sign Mbappe or Haaland in 2025 but we can't have that as our only plan for future as there will clearly be a lot of competition for them if/when they'll be available again and there is no guarantee they would want to come here even if we could afford them.

A future signing of someone like Endrick is also a possibility. It could eventually pay off but at this point would still be very risky to invest 40-50m in a 16 yo kid before he even makes his senior football debut in Brazil. So we should look for cheaper but rather unproven players who the club believe have high potential and give them time to develop either in Barca B or by loaning them to other clubs if they're already considered too good to play in Segunda B. We could afford to give a younger striker time to develop if we'd have a proven scorer in Lewa, a reliable backup in Auba and some other players like Ansu, Ferran and maybe Memphis who could also play upfront for next year or two until that younger guy would be ready to take on a bigger role.

The same at RB positon for example. Even if we sign Azpi on a 2-year contract why not at the same time also buy Arnau Martinez and leave him on loan at Girona to get regular La Liga minutes? Can ofc also forget about Azpi (especially if Chelsea wants "crazy" money for him) and just bring Arnau to compete with Dest but I think he would benefit more starting 30+ games for Girona than playing limited minutes here.

Similar with LB if we'll buy Alonso but tbh I think there are younger players in a similar price range who can bring the same or more than him both short and longterm so I'd prefer not to sign him. But if we'll buy him then we should definitely also look for a younger LB for Barca B. I know we still have Balde who will probably go on loan and could hopefully return as a much improved player in a year and also a pretty talented Alex Valle but there is no guarantee either of them will make it.

My point is just that at positions we already have or will buy older guys we should also at the same time look for their longterm replacements. We shouldn't be under immediate pressure to sign but if the club believes in certain player longterm potential enough and we can get him for cheap now we should just pull the trigger as well regardless if we'll buy Lewa or Azpi to bring us more immediate success (or at least with intention to do that).

Money shouldn't be a problem after selling that second part (15%) of TV rights and registering players neither especially if they would stay on loan at their current club (in case of Arnau) or be registered for Barca B if we instead decide to buy that Trilli guy from Deportivo (I don't know much about him but he was considered a big talent as well although didn't play much last season due to injuries) or a striker or a LB.

Home of Barca Fans