FC Barcelona B

Porque

Going to need a player review as I missed the game (only just put on last 20).

In Particularl

Chadi
Pelayo
Casado
Alex Valle
Luismi Cruz
Pablo Torre
Juanda

Messi983

In other news, Matheus Pereira is on his way to Eibar according to Sport. No fee but we get 50% of future sale. Makes sense as he's 24 and probably wanted to move on in his career. Will also have a chance to establish himself in Eibar while in Segunda so his transition to La Liga will then be easier if they're promoted.

Doing good so far, started all 7 games in Segunda for Eibar. Happy for him.

ajnotkeith

Doing good so far, started all 7 games in Segunda for Eibar. Happy for him.

Matheus - Segunda starter
Collado - LaLiga rotation
Nico - LaLiga rotation
Manaj - Serie A starter
Konrad - Marseille first sub
Gavi - Barca starter...
Comas - Basel starter
Akieme - LaLiga starter
Araujo - Barca starter
Monchu - LaLiga rotation
Mingueza - Barca rotation for a time
Etc...

Have to say it still confuses me how we didn't go up in either of Pimienta's seasons with Barca B. Looks like he's doing well with Las Palmas too.

Messi983

Nico - LaLiga rotation
Manaj - Serie A starter
Gavi - Barca starter...
Comas - Basel starter
Akieme - LaLiga starter
Araujo - Barca starter
Monchu - LaLiga rotation
Etc...

Have to say it still confuses me how we didn't go up in either of Pimienta's seasons with Barca B. Looks like he's doing well with Las Palmas too.

Well, these guys clearly have some talent but they were 2-3 years younger then and still needed time to develop. Not the end of the world not being promoted though.

Also, Gavi only played like 3 games for Barca Atletic, Konrad is a squad player on loan at Olympiacos and Manaj a fringe player in Championship.

You also forgot to mention MLS star Mavericky. :lol:

Porque

You can re-watch the game on link I've posted in previous page.

Excellent. I'll pursue the first 45. From the last 20 minutes it was all pressure by Murcia but little to no chance creation. Marquez seems to have the team defensively setup well. Which is a good sign for his coaching future considering it is a team of youth players.

Nico - LaLiga rotation
Manaj - Serie A starter
Gavi - Barca starter...
Comas - Basel starter
Akieme - LaLiga starter
Araujo - Barca starter
Monchu - LaLiga rotation
Etc...

Timing, age and the lottery of playoff games. This group of players and Pimienta are both proving themselves to be better than the Barcelona B level outside of the club.

Pimienta did have a good run last season with Palmas too, and yet again lost in the playoff game, so he still has some growing and setup adjustments for playoff games which do not seem his fortay. Let's see how this season goes as he can atleast have a full campaign to try and promote Las Palmas without the playoffs.

Timing is off for a few of those players though. Gavi must have been 14/15 years old when Pimienta was here. I know he excelled at a young age but that's a bit drastic :lol:

Nico too was around 18 and made his breakthrough in the batch after Pimienta.

Had a very good squad though in all considerations. But we do not take the Villarreal B approach of adding experienced players in the 25-28 age bracket which would in general help immensely.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

Well, these guys clearly have some talent but they were 2-3 years younger then and still needed time to develop. Not the end of the world not being promoted though.

Also, Gavi only played like 3 games for Barca Atletic, Konrad is a squad player on loan at Olympiacos and Manaj a fringe player in Championship.

You also forgot to mention MLS star Mavericky. :lol:

Manaj has a long term injury no?

Also Puig would probably still be a superstar in third division lol.

ajnotkeith

Excellent. I'll pursue the first 45. From the last 20 minutes it was all pressure by Murcia but little to no chance creation. Marquez seems to have the team defensively setup well. Which is a good sign for his coaching future considering it is a team of youth players.

Timing, age and the lottery of playoff games. This group of players and Pimienta are both proving themselves to be better than the Barcelona B level outside of the club.

Pimienta did have a good run last season with Palmas too, and yet again lost in the playoff game, so he still has some growing and setup adjustments for playoff games which do not seem his fortay. Let's see how this season goes as he can atleast have a full campaign to try and promote Las Palmas without the playoffs.

Timing is off for a few of those players though. Gavi must have been 14/15 years old when Pimienta was here. I know he excelled at a young age but that's a bit drastic :lol:

Nico too was around 18 and made his breakthrough in the batch after Pimienta.

Had a very good squad though in all considerations. But we do not take the Villarreal B approach of adding experienced players in the 25-28 age bracket which would in general help immensely.

Gavi was 16, a few months later Koeman gave him a start in a LaLiga game. Pimienta didn't even give him a single minute in those playoff games, he probably could have made a difference.

Nico also was playing for the first team a few months after.

Pimienta made some weird tactical changes during playoff games, the Murcia game was really bad in that regard. Bunch of strange changes with Matheus and then 2 inside wingers so 0 width. May be his big weakness.

In general I also think he could have done better with youth development, it might have been the wrong job for him in that regard. He seems more like a pro level manager rather than a B team one.

Porque

Gavi was 16, a few months later Koeman gave him a start in a LaLiga game. Pimienta didn't even give him a single minute in those playoff games, he probably could have made a difference.

Nico also was playing for the first team a few months after.

Pimienta made some weird tactical changes during playoff games, the Murcia game was really bad in that regard. Bunch of strange changes with Matheus and then 2 inside wingers so 0 width. May be his big weakness.

In general I also think he could have done better with youth development, it might have been the wrong job for him in that regard. He seems more like a pro level manager rather than a B team one.

Now that you mention it, Pimienta did give him a couple games in his last season and in hindsight could have played him much more given what came a season later. Obviously before that year he would have been too young.

Agreed about Pimienta in the playoff games. He overthought the fixtures and went against every atom of his setup throughout the whole season. I do think though that overall he done a good job developing the players. Players like Comas, Konrad and Araujo grew alot under him, though they all admittedly had good potential.

Messi983

Four consecutive losses, [MENTION=22241]Porque[/MENTION] or anyone else watching the games knows what's going on?

ajnotkeith

Four consecutive losses, [MENTION=22241]Porque[/MENTION] or anyone else watching the games knows what's going on?

The team is just very young, unlike that of Pimienta and to some extent Barjuan that had a lot of senior players and veterans carrying the team.

This year they are almost all players from Juvenil so it resembles more of a youth team but in a professional league, so its difficult to compete against conditioned grown men that bully the team a bit and have a lot more experience.

Porque

Bit late to this. Watched bits of the Logrones game and then the last match and the fundamentals are solid but the team lacks experience and quality.

There is also the age old problem that when the B team (and first for that matter) is hit with a competitive fast game that they can not quicken the pace of the ball and personal movements to counter it.

So basically we are building possession based teams and players who are great and cycling static position in low intensity environments.

Home of Barca Fans