FC Barcelona B

Messi983

According to rumours I think we're looking for around 6 new players (not counting those possibly promoted).

I think we need a new striker even if Manaj stays (I expect him to leave though). I see Peque more as a LW than CF and he should primarily play there, especially with Konrad leaving. I think at least one if not two wingers are needed. I like Hiroki but he's sadly injury prone and I don't rate Nils Mortimer too highly. We have some promising youngsters like Alarcon and Ilias but more experience is needed upfront. Ferran Jutgla (Espanyol B) is apparently a done deal. Then a RB where we've had a lot of injuries and turnover this season. Sergio Carreira looks to be our target. He has started 3 games in La Liga for Celta this season, two of them against AM and Sociedad, so think he could be a good player for Barca B if we can get him. And we also look to bring back former La Masia kids Kays Ruiz and Adrian Bernabe. Eventhough we have "numbers" at CB (I believe Comas will stay and then there are also Mika Marmol, Marsa and Ramos Mingo. I think Igor Gomes will probably go on loan to get regular minutes after being injured for most of this season) I think we could also use a more experienced CB with Riera leaving but I've not seen any names linked to us.

I think we'll eventually end up with a team of around 22 players leaving the door open for Juvenil A players getting a chance during the season when injuries and suspensions will happen. So I'd guess something like that.

-------------------------------Tenas/???-------------------------
Carreira?/Sanz---Comas/???---Ramos Mingo/Mika---Balde/Bernabe?
de Vega/Gavi---Nico G./Jandro---K.Ruiz?/Matheus(Aranda)?
Peque/????---???/Alarcon---Ferran?/Ilias

With obviously many players being able to play multiple positions but I've just gone two deep at every position here.

ajnotkeith

According to rumours I think we're looking for around 6 new players (not counting those possibly promoted).

I think we need a new striker even if Manaj stays (I expect him to leave though). I see Peque more as a LW than CF and he should primarily play there, especially with Konrad leaving. I think at least one if not two wingers are needed. I like Hiroki but he's sadly injury prone and I don't rate Nils Mortimer too highly. We have some promising youngsters like Alarcon and Ilias but more experience is needed upfront. Ferran Jutgla (Espanyol B) is apparently a done deal. Then a RB where we've had a lot of injuries and turnover this season. Sergio Carreira looks to be our target. He has started 3 games in La Liga for Celta this season, two of them against AM and Sociedad, so think he could be a good player for Barca B if we can get him. And we also look to bring back former La Masia kids Kays Ruiz and Adrian Bernabe. Eventhough we have "numbers" at CB (I believe Comas will stay and then there are also Mika Marmol, Marsa and Ramos Mingo. I think Igor Gomes will probably go on loan to get regular minutes after being injured for most of this season) I think we could also use a more experienced CB with Riera leaving but I've not seen any names linked to us.

I think we'll eventually end up with a team of around 22 players leaving the door open for Juvenil A players getting a chance during the season when injuries and suspensions will happen. So I'd guess something like that.

-------------------------------Tenas/???-------------------------
Carreira?/Sanz---Comas/???---Ramos Mingo/Mika---Balde/Bernabe?
de Vega/Gavi---Nico G./Jandro---K.Ruiz?/Matheus(Aranda)?
Peque/????---???/Alarcon---Ferran?/Ilias

With obviously many players being able to play multiple positions but I've just gone two deep at every position here.

Yeah whilst Peque is technically good and talented he doesn't the qualities for ST. He'd be better winger or a more central, deep attacking mid role. If Manaj stays it makes it a lot easier because I don't think Ilias can be backup this season, would prefer Jutgla to play the role Pequedid but as Manaj is likely leaving I think we need two ST.

I really hope we can do something with G. Maia - Matheus despite costing a lot for his ability seems like he can play a good part in Barca B. I also wonder, it might be a long shot but is there any possibility M.Fernandes drops down to play some games with us? He just gave an interview to MD saying Koeman froze him out and he told him he won't get playing time at all.

If we aren't making a ton of signings Segunda will probably be out-of-reach but we never know how Alarcon/Ilias/Gavi and the other Juv A crop will perform

Porque

[MENTION=29831]ajnotkeith[/MENTION] . Welcome to the forum. Happy to see another Barcelona B viewer to discuss with. I agree with what you are saying.

What I will add is that the sentiment was the same last season (perhaps moreso?) with Araujo, Puig, Monchu, Cuenca, Dani Morer/Guillem Jaume, Akieme all leaving from the first 11. Along with rotation guys like Kike Saverio, Abel Ruiz, Chumi, Ludovit Reis. The B team as we all know topped their group, finished 2nd in the second group phase and almost made the playoff final.

I don't think the jump to the new format will be too big in quality that the B team struggles too much next year.

[MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION]. Any updates with the Juvenil striker from Espanyol? He would probably be the starting B striker if King Manaj leaves. Even if he is rather young.

khaled_a_d

Can see Ludovit Reis retruning.
He was a starter in 2nd division team that will play in 3rd division next year.
He will either go back to Dutch league, or play 3rd division with us

Messi983

[MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION]. Any updates with the Juvenil striker from Espanyol? He would probably be the starting B striker if King Manaj leaves. Even if he is rather young.

Haven't seen anything about him today.

Also, Mika Marmol has offers from Celtic, Getafe and Mallorca. Will probably be hard to keep him.

Porque

Haven't seen anything about him today.

Also, Mika Marmol has offers from Celtic, Getafe and Mallorca. Will probably be hard to keep him.

Yeesh. I really like Marmol. He is the sleeper of the new backline. Hope he stays or atleast we keep a low buyback.

ajnotkeith

[MENTION=29831]ajnotkeith[/MENTION] . Welcome to the forum. Happy to see another Barcelona B viewer to discuss with. I agree with what you are saying.

What I will add is that the sentiment was the same last season (perhaps moreso?) with Araujo, Puig, Monchu, Cuenca, Dani Morer/Guillem Jaume, Akieme all leaving from the first 11. Along with rotation guys like Kike Saverio, Abel Ruiz, Chumi, Ludovit Reis. The B team as we all know topped their group, finished 2nd in the second group phase and almost made the playoff final.

I don't think the jump to the new format will be too big in quality that the B team struggles too much next year.

Good point. Many of them are thriving in Segunda and other hard leagues. However the jump to First RFEF may prove some difficulty, but not so if our new signings turn out to be ok (the rawness of the JuvA this year worries me).

Exit rumours so far

Konrad - Undisclosed, but Bundesliga/LaLiga last time this was reported

Mika - Celtic, Mallorca, Getafe rumoured

Collado - likely loan move to other LaLiga side

Maia - undisclosed but has no place at BarcaB.

Manaj - Confirmed he is leaving to Italian medias, LaLiga/Italy.

Inaki Pena - Firstteam promotion. Tenas move down.

Jandro - No news on renewal yet but rumours it has been automatically renewed. Future up in the air.

Oriol - No news but the club doesn't have him in their plans for next season.

Hiroki - All indications are Abe can continue.

Moriba - Definitely not playing another game with Barca B.

Overall we're probably retaining more players than we expected

khaled_a_d

We didn't pick the optiona of Orellana and Busquets, since picking them means big pay raise and promotion.
We might negotiate renewal with them.

Messi983

I'd try to extend Jandro and possibly loan him.

Oriol is not good enough and should build his career outside of Barca.

Also, good luck to both of them regardless of where they'll go.

Porque

Groups for the new 3rd division format have been decided.

1622713406_666424_1622723710_noticia_normal_recorte1.jpg

RFEF have moved Real Madrid Castilla into the side with Barcelona B. Castilla are the only Madrid based team in the Barcelona side, lol. Shmucks.

The other big detail is that unlimited foreign players can play in each team. Which is good for recruitment.

The group 2 is really loaded with alot of great teams. Going to be exciting to see all the traditional strong academies like Barca, Sevilla, Villarreal all competing against eachother.

FinBarcelonafan

RFEF have moved Real Madrid Castilla into the side with Barcelona B. Castilla are the only Madrid based team in the Barcelona side, lol. Shmucks.

The other big detail is that unlimited foreign players can play in each team. Which is good for recruitment.

The group 2 is really loaded with alot of great teams. Going to be exciting to see all the traditional strong academies like Barca, Sevilla, Villarreal all competing against eachother.

That's interesting, so for Barca B there's no limit how many foreign players we can sign(even Brazilians etc)? I know the main club has restrictions but this would be good for Barca B and Barca.

Porque

That's interesting, so for Barca B there's no limit how many foreign players we can sign(even Brazilians etc)? I know the main club has restrictions but this would be good for Barca B and Barca.

That is correct. I believe it was the same in the old Segunda B (we run a project to have an overseas team there about a decade back which in the end didn't materialise- but Albirex Niigata copied the project and setup Albirex Barcelona. No idea if they are still around).

But the advantage now is a higher competition league, a better standard and some form of income with tv rights sales and sponsors being more concentrated. I guess in the medium term once RFEF have attained sustainable income streams that both these leagues would move into a proper 3rd and 4th division.

FinBarcelonafan

That is correct. I believe it was the same in the old Segunda B (we run a project to have an overseas team there about a decade back which in the end didn't materialise- but Albirex Niigata copied the project and setup Albirex Barcelona. No idea if they are still around).

But the advantage now is a higher competition league, a better standard and some form of income with tv rights sales and sponsors being more concentrated. I guess in the medium term once RFEF have attained sustainable income streams that both these leagues would move into a proper 3rd and 4th division.

Okay wow this sounds like step forward for Spanish football!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Any difference between Group 1 and 2? Will there be play-offs between top finishing teams of the two groups to get promoted to Segunda?

Porque

Any difference between Group 1 and 2? Will there be play-offs between top finishing teams of the two groups to get promoted to Segunda?

No difference. It is a geographical split (excluding Real Madrid Castilla).

First place in each group automatically promotes. Then 2-5 in each group enter play-offs and with the 2 winners of each playoff tournament also promoting.

Home of Barca Fans