FC Barcelona B

Bobo32

I didn't watch anything yet under the new manager. I see there is a lot of changes in players too.
Please update the thread before the games if you could!

I think players like Balde, Comas, Orellana, Nico, Gavi, Demir, should play most of the time here, and really show themselves to be future stars, pushing the team towards promotion. I do not really admire Matheus or Peque Polo from the little I saw, but the other Peque impressed me though...

ajnotkeith

Barjuan is working with a much worse team than we had last year at Barca B and it is propped up heavily by external signings such as Jutgla/Aranda/Abde/Rodado. We can definitely make a promotion push but its probably ill-advised, Segunda B is probably a better level for our talents to develop.

In my opinion B is the perfect place to find out whether Gavi, Demir,Nico etc are the real deal. Not that they will always play well and it is harder to shine at a worse level with worse teammates as I have mentioned before but it is somewhere where they will play every minute, show their adaptations and talents and whether they would fit in the main team.

The main thing I have noticed is that there is literally no presence up front. No point of reference, man to hold the ball up or provide a goal threat and occupy the CBs. We just don't produce good strikers. Hope Rodado can solve this, as Peque is not good enough at striker and especially not in Segunda B.

Porque

I didn't watch anything yet under the new manager. I see there is a lot of changes in players too.
Please update the thread before the games if you could!

I think players like Balde, Comas, Orellana, Nico, Gavi, Demir, should play most of the time here, and really show themselves to be future stars, pushing the team towards promotion. I do not really admire Matheus or Peque Polo from the little I saw, but the other Peque impressed me though...

The Peque we like is another one that is injured so hasn't featured yet. I'm surprised he isn't rated higher to get a chance by Koeman. Balde was with the U19 Spain team so didn't play last game, while Jandro will surely start every game now he is staying. Very good player who won't get his chance here it seems. But in his favour, the door is surely open now to establish himself as the key midfilder in the Barca B team!

ajnotkeith

Peque Fernandez actually trained with the first team a week ago after Manaj left to sort out his move. Today Peque Polo was training with the first team.

ajnotkeith

Our trident this year sucks compared to the one last year and you can see it in the game. Jutgla -Rodado - Aranda is not up to the level to play this kind of football. Remember we also started in a shitty way last year too with 1 goal in the first 4 games tho.

Messi983

I've not watched any of the games so far yet but yeah, doesn't seem we're doing to well so far. Still need to give Sergi, new signings and youngsters more time.

Also, another thing to consider is overall quality of our division is on a higher level than last season.

ajnotkeith

I've not watched any of the games so far yet but yeah, doesn't seem we're doing to well so far. Still need to give Sergi, new signings and youngsters more time.

Also, another thing to consider is overall quality of our division is on a higher level than last season.

Agreed that he needs time. Many new signings integrating, it's a bit harder of a division and we are objectively working with a worse squad.

A lot of nice passing but no goal is the best way I saw it summed up.

Porque

It's a strain to watch Barcelona B this season.

Turned the game off around the last 10 and missed the 3 goals fireworks.

ajnotkeith

In Barca B news we lost 2-0 to Castellon today and looked pretty bad.

Abde came on as a sub and looked great again, combining with Rodado and some nice dribbles. Growing on me. Barjuan doesn't trust in him yet though it seems.

Comas is not being what I expected to be quite honest at this point. At 21 and with the evident CB troubles in the main team if he can't get a callup he probably won't make it here.

It would help if Koeman could return Demir and Nico to Barca B where they should be for now to add some quality to a team really missing it and let them develop.

TheStig

Is there anybody in La Masia/Barca B that his name ends with a i? Promote him to 1st team! Pedri, Fati, Gavi Oh, and add a coach whose name also ends with an i! :xavi:

Home of Barca Fans