FC Barcelona B

khaled_a_d

A long time ago I read something about something at an English club where they only offered players two jerseys per game and if they ripped it, lost it for whatever reason the players had to personally pay for an additional one.

I think the clubs do have to pay for them, but probably at a huge discount from the suppliers.

Mido once said that when he changed jerseys with other players, Spurs would deduct it from his salary.
That was 15 years ago, not sure if it is still a thing

Messi983

Guillem Jaime has returned to the club on a 1-year contract after playing 11 games for Castellon in Segunda last season. RB has been our weak spot where we've also had multiple injuries last season so a bit more depth doesn't hurt.

With Manaj being promoted I think we could use another striker (although both Peque and Peke Polo can play there alongside Jordi Escobar) but other than that the team is probably pretty much set for the start of the season in 10 days.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

Saw the Barca B lineup today, and wow, is it a lot worse on paper than last years. In retrospect how tf did we not get promoted with this lineup??

-------Manaj-------
Konrad-Abe-Collado
-----Nico-Matheus*---------
Mika-Comas-Riera-Mingueza
----------Inaki---------------

*Jandro injured
I mean wtf... This could be the lineup of Cadiz, Alaves or Elche, not a Segunda B team. This team was WAY too good not to get promoted lol. I see why Garcia Pimienta is finding it difficult to get work

Last edited:

Messi983

Think you're overrating these players a bit, lol. Also, a team with an average age of 20 years would never survive in La Liga. We've lacked experience and Pimi also had to deal with a lot of injuries and Koeman calling up his best players for the first team during the season. He did amazing job leading the team being just a step away from a promotion to Segunda while improving most players on individual level which is the most important thing.

Looks like we'll sign Angel Rodado on loan from UD Ibiza as Manaj's replacement. Many Primera RFEF teams wanted him so they must rate him. But still think Escobar should be a starter and I expect him to have a good season.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Saw the Barca B lineup today, and wow, is it a lot worse on paper than last years. In retrospect how tf did we not get promoted with this lineup??

-------Manaj-------
Konrad-Abe-Collado
-----Nico-Matheus*---------
Mika-Comas-Riera-Mingueza
----------Inaki---------------

*Jandro injured
I mean wtf... This could be the lineup of Cadiz, Alaves or Elche, not a Segunda B team. This team was WAY too good not to get promoted lol. I see why Garcia Pimienta is finding it difficult to get work

Cadiz, Alaves and Elche dismantle that team 9/10 times. Dunno what crack you are smoking. The gulf in quality between divisions is bigger than you think.

ajnotkeith

Cadiz, Alaves and Elche dismantle that team 9/10 times. Dunno what crack you are smoking. The gulf in quality between divisions is bigger than you think.

Konrad is in and around Marseille's starting XI, Collado/Manaj both had offers from LaLiga teams and are at least Segunda level players, Mingueza is a solid part of our first team, Inaki was guaranteed a starting spot at Granada, etc. It was hyperbolic but that team is minimum Segunda level lol

ajnotkeith

Think you're overrating these players a bit, lol. Also, a team with an average age of 20 years would never survive in La Liga. We've lacked experience and Pimi also had to deal with a lot of injuries and Koeman calling up his best players for the first team during the season. He did amazing job leading the team being just a step away from a promotion to Segunda while improving most players on individual level which is the most important thing.

Looks like we'll sign Angel Rodado on loan from UD Ibiza as Manaj's replacement. Many Primera RFEF teams wanted him so they must rate him. But still think Escobar should be a starter and I expect him to have a good season.

It was hyperbolic but if you are in Segunda B and have players that can start for Marseille and somehow manage to make them look average you are doing a bad job. I remember during the season half this forum was slandering him for being average and what do you know he shined when he went to a much better team in a much better division.

His tactical decisions weren't great either. He constantly put Konrad out of position, in the playoff semis started 2 fbs at CB, etc. Even Matheus is a guy who started a full season in Ligue 1 and again he was being slandered saying he didn't even have the level for Barca B, same for Manaj, and when Mingueza played at B he looked very bad compared to what he is now. Are all of these coincidences or did Pimi just not do a good job? It seems that when these guys got their opportunities outside of Pimi's management they shined and at harder competition too.

It's no coincidence our total team value was 3x? 4x times of the 2nd most valuable team in Segunda B. People can say again and again how this stuff doesn't matter but other Segunda B teams don't have the luxury to just pull a player like Mingueza down from Barcelona's first team or spend 2 mill on Manaj.

Last edited:

Messi983

Angel Rodado officially confirmed on loan and there is another player seemingly close to join us.

Bar?a intend to pay the 2M buyout fee for H?rcules winger Abde Ezzalzouli (19) for the B team. It could be made official tomorrow (via @albert_roge)

Also, Gustavo Maia was loaned back to Brazil to Internacional Porto Alegre. Hope he'll do well there, I think there is some talent in him but never got a chance here.

Porque

Because we're in full blown panic mode on all levels.

But isn't Rodado the replacement of the King, and Abde someone who they see a bit of potential in and can take the position of Demir who will be seen as a first team player.

Saw our first game btw, and I know that Gavi and Demir were with the first team but seems that Sergi will lean more on experience and the older players this season.

Messi983

Because we're in full blown panic mode on all levels.

But isn't Rodado the replacement of the King, and Abde someone who they see a bit of potential in and can take the position of Demir who will be seen as a first team player.

Saw our first game btw, and I know that Gavi and Demir were with the first team but seems that Sergi will lean more on experience and the older players this season.

Yeah, I was talking more from a money perspective. Selling Manaj (or more likely loaning him with buy option) and then reinvest that money into this Moroccan kid. I don't know anything about him and I'll hope for the best if he comes but just don't think he's worth 2m in current situation. I believe we already have a good depth in wide positions (Peque, Nils, Jutgla, Ilias, Angel, Hiroki and some other players can play there as well) even if Demir will never play for Barca B.

Porque

Yeah, I was talking more from a money perspective. Selling Manaj (or more likely loaning him with buy option) and then reinvest that money into this Moroccan kid. I don't know anything about him and I'll hope for the best if he comes but just don't think he's worth 2m in current situation. I believe we already have a good depth in wide positions (Peque, Nils, Jutgla, Ilias, Angel, Hiroki and some other players can play there as well) even if Demir will never play for Barca B.

Ah, I get it from that perspective. Perhaps that 2m would have been better invested in a prospect for the RB problem position.

I actually watched a few B team friendlies and liked what I saw from Zacharia there, but the club decided to bring back Guillem who as you are aware is a decent fullback for the level, but not someone we can count on ascending to the first team.

Watched a few youtube videos on Abde btw and he seems better than Gustavo Maia if you compare both players compilations. Not much to go by but I look forward to seeing him.

Hercules president spoke highly of him, in a similar vein to Vienna with Demir. That they wanted to retain him but the player wanted to go once the Barcelona train arrived.

Last edited:

Messi983

Squad numbers...

E-SWTb7WYAMNq4S

Players like Balde,Gavi,Ilias will continue to play with B and First team but will be registed as Juvenil a players

https://twitter.com/fcbcanteranos/status/1433437227435110402

Porque

Has anyone watched the first games of Barca B this season? Any thoughts?

Early impressions is that we have been a bit lacklustre in both games under Sergi thus far, although we probably deserved a win in the first game (draw) and draw in the second (lost).

Continues my early thought that he is relying a bit too much on seniority although to be fair he lost Gavi and Demir already who would have been the development focus. Kays-Ruiz too hasn't played yet being unlucky with Covid and injuries.

Again it is only 2 games but here are my early feelings on a few of the players.

Mika Marmol - Arnau Comas broke out last year and Mika could break out this season in CB. Has had a good 2 games so far and looks ahead of Mingo right now.
Ez Abde - Only a 20-25 minute appearance in the last game. Wasn't spectacular but has potential. I think he will be a good signing at this level though didn't seeing Demir potential.
Aranda - Good little player. Doesn't seem an intelligent player but is able to beat his man when in the attacking position and also efficiently adapt to midfield.
De Vega - Has had a decent first two games, but seems to be missing something. Should have stayed with Cartagena last season who wanted to keep him and reached Second division. He will keep his position in midfield until Kays-Ruiz returns I guess.

Matheus - Veteran of the midfield. I get why he is playing as he brings stability and experience. If you look at the Villarreal B team they have players aged 26 and 29 so it is a balancing act. But it is a shame to go from midfield prospects like Puig, Monchu, Collado, Ilaix in the last few seasons to ... Matheus who is just kind of there.

Jutgla/Peque Polo - Don't like what I have seen of these two so far in the A pre-season and the B games. I think that they are signings who could have been avoided. But hope they grow on me.

Home of Barca Fans