FC Barcelona B

Porque

Personally don't really rate anyone of them too highly.

Perhaps. But when you see Miranda starting in LaLiga then I think Marsa has a future too. I think he has more potential thah Marmol for example.

Peque again I can see making LaLiga and potentially being a first team squad option for us.

While Jandro is tidy but I do not see a future here and am less concerned if he moves on. Likeable player though with typical LaMasia traits.

Messi983

Yeah, surely they could turn out solid La Liga players just don't think anyone of them have a chance to make it here so better let them build their own career outside of Barca then keeping them around in Barca B for another year or two where they probably won't develop much more playing on a lower level than they could elsewhere.

ajnotkeith

It looks like Barca B will become a profit factory for the next few seasons. I don't oppose it if that's what we need to pay off the debt, few players manage to become a fixture of Barca's first team anyway, And the Barca jersey really helps propel a lot of careers and put people on a bigger stage and inflate their value. Am disappointed we sold Konrad for so little, I felt we could get at least 5m. 3m is nothing compared to the revenue he could bring in for Marseille if he becomes a success, American players sell a lot of jerseys..

I'm more and more open to selling Collado to be quite honest. I like him and he's good, but in the position he plays it's hard to visualise if he would even be able to start a couple games with the competition in AM/LW - I say loan him to a LaLiga team, if he's a success and wants to stick around to be depth we can keep him but 10-20m is hard to turn down at this stage.

Konrad - 3M
Collado - 10Mish (loan option?)
Manaj - 2-3M?
Jandro - 5M?
Oriol - 1-2M?
Ilaix (Club is reportedly having issues renewing him so it looks like RAC1 wasn't talking shit after all. If he wants too much he can go). - 20M?
Abe - Small fee
Matheus - Small fee
De Vega - Tottenham have been interested in him for a long time now. We should renew him, build up his worth and sell him.
Etc etc

Overall I'm not so opposed to clearing out B to pay off the debt/make some funds available for the A and next season we can forget about promotion to Segunda (it doesn't matter very much anyway) and play the Juvenil A kids. Alternatively if we aren't going to sell much from B we could promote many to the firstteam to play backup/depth roles, so much of our wage budget is going to players who are hardly any better than the B. Neto, Braithwaite, Trincao, Firpo, M.Fernandes etc... So much money we wasted with better alternatives.

FinBarcelonafan

It's still pocket money compared to Barca first team. You can't fix the financial issues with Barca B players. We need good second team and development gateway.

ajnotkeith

Albert Roge links us to Jordi Escobar on loan to fill the vacancy of Rey Manaj who is allegedly trying to force his way out for better wages

I thought we learned from signing players, especially young raw players, on loan for B? Unless it's with an option I don't see any point of this, it's meant to be a development team, why are we developing the prospects of other teams? Escobar hasn't even managed to get a single minute for Almeria in LaLiga2, he looks like a raw prospect. At least with our older signings they had experience on better leagues and made a difference to the team. I may be wrong but honestly, filling the hole of a decent striker who's leaving with a raw prospect on loan from Almeria doesn't fill me with joy.

Messi983

We've been interested in Jordi Escobar for a while when he was still at Valencia. Mateu Alemany (though I don't think he's the one doing transfers for Barca B but his knowledge clearly helps) also knows him from there.

Almeria have bought something like 20 players last summer and Umar Sadiq had a great season so no real surprise Escobar didn't get a chance in their first team. They've probably seen him as a relatively cheap gamble for the future with Valencia being in a firesale mode and bought him on the last day of last summer transfer window.

Sure, I'd also prefer not to develop players for other clubs but maybe we'll negotiate a buy option. But this is mostly a financial operation, we'll sell Manaj for a few millions and get his replacement on a free. We don't have much depth at a striker position but if Escobar won't be good and some of our own kids (maybe they'll try Angel Alarcon as a striker, Fabian Luzzi is also there though he is only 17 and wasn't even a regular for Juvenil A this season) will step up we don't actually need to play him.

Getting Escobar on loan also doesn't mean we can't still sign a more experienced striker as well.

Last edited:

Messi983

Kays Ruiz and Jordi Escobar have passed their medicals before signing with Barca B today.

img_mmontilla_20210712-094301_imagenes_md_propias_mmontilla_mm-kvOI-U410490420370H5F-980x554@MundoDeportivo-Web.jpg

Attachments

• img_mmontilla_20210712-094301_imagenes_md_propias_mmontilla_mm-kvOI-U410490420370H5F-980x554@Mun.jpg
    img_mmontilla_20210712-094301_imagenes_md_propias_mmontilla_mm-kvOI-U410490420370H5F-980x554@Mun.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 0

Messi983

I think we're fine. We have Peque, Mortimer, Hiroki, Maia (we'll see if Sergi will give him a chance), Juvenil players Ilias and Angel Alarcon who will probably get promoted and we've signed Ferran Jutgla and Demir. Kays can also play as a winger though he'll probably be used as a midfielder.

Messi983

According to Ferran Martinez we're planning to bring 5 players on free transfers.

Two former La Masia kids Adrian Bernabe (Man City, 19, LB) and Kays Ruiz (PSG, 18, CM) could return to the club alongside Ferran Jutgla (Espanyol, 22, winger), Antonio Aranda (Granada, 20, midfielder) and Sergio Carreira (Celta, 20, RB).

Updating my post from about two months ago.

Kays and Ferran have both signed, Bernabe has decided to go to Italy where he'll join his former U23 coach at City Enzo Maresca who has become Parma's new manager. No recent news (that I know of) about either Aranda nor Carreira.

And we've also signed Yusuf Demir and Jordi Escobar who probably weren't planned immediately.

Pretty solid looking team overall though Jandro still hasn't renewed AFAIK (players like Hiroki, Matheus and Gustavo Maia also not included and some of them could stay).

E6HoHxsXoAMMdTl

E: Mika Marmol tested positive for Covid.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans