FC Barcelona B

Messi983

We're playing against Ibiza in 30 minutes. If we win we're in the promotion playoffs.

E0ZLVnpXsAITgN1

Messi983

Yeah, we can still make it if we win against Villarreal B next week or if other results go our way. Not sure if my math is correct but I think we could even do it with just a point from last two games but would surely prefer to keep winning and get into playoffs in a good form.

Here are current standings...

E0YNK7oWUAEuZ3r

Andorra - Villarreal B and Gimnastic - Alcoyano are other two games in our group today (both starting in one hour).

Bobo32

I do not know if Peque meant to do exactly what he did with that dribble, but if he did it was great. Ronaldinho-like in the way he played the two defenders against each other :)
It looked intentional though... Then the shot was a bit rushed obviously.

Porque

1-0 Rey Manaj (turned me into a fan this season).

Pimienta has gone with a full ballplaying backline (Riera-Comas-Marmol-Balde) and it is working very well so far. Whole team is working.

My only ? is that perhaps Jandro is struggling a bit in a more advanced midfield position. Still, I prefer him there to Pereira.

EDIT

Just as I say that he has a good influential run in the attacking mid, and eventually shoots which is deflected and leads to a Konrad goal in the following action.

2-0. Very entertaining watch so far. A very typical Barcelona possession performance.

Last edited:

Porque

Really tough second half. Ibiza have increased the intensity and are pressing higher up the pitch. We need to try to move the ball quicker, but Collado is frustrating with his ball holding.

Pimienta is a bit slow with his subs aswell. It annoys me where manages have to wait for the 60min/70m markers before they sub, even if the game is getting away from the team.

2-1 scoreline btw.

Last edited:

Bobo32

Final, final, final

What an ending! They didn't look like a team wanting to hold on to a lead, attempting very speculative passes in the final third and having to run back...

Porque

I think the win means that Barcelona B have qualified for the promotion playoffs as Nastic also won. Extremely successful season considering the departures from last years team and the unexpected promotion of Ilaix.

I'm usually one to support promoting to Segunda but I think with the new structure we might be better off staying in the new third division for a season.

Messi983

Nico and Jandro are both one yellow card away from a suspension and they wouldn't play in playoff semi-finals if they receive a card against Villarreal B this weekend.

Bobo32

Here is an article from one month ago, with some stats and analysis of the players of Barcelona B.
Maybe someone who watched them a lot, like Porque, can chip in with thoughts about the article?

De Vega, Marmol and Mingo have nice wine red graphs in these stats... I have been most struck by the quality of Comas, Orellana, Nico, Peque and of course Collado when I glanced for a few games, myself...

https://barcauniversal.com/a-statistical-overview-of-barcelona-b-in-the-2020-21-season/

Porque

Here is an article from one month ago, with some stats and analysis of the players of Barcelona B.
Maybe someone who watched them a lot, like Porque, can chip in with thoughts about the article?

De Vega, Marmol and Mingo have nice wine red graphs in these stats... I have been most struck by the quality of Comas, Orellana, Nico, Peque and of course Collado when I glanced for a few games, myself...

https://barcauniversal.com/a-statistical-overview-of-barcelona-b-in-the-2020-21-season/

It is an accurate assessment. The team changed towards the end of the season and was better for it. De Vega is a good player and one I really like but did not really co-exist well when Collado moved to midfield. But next season if he recovers well from injury he should have a key role. I would have preferred we left him at Cartagena this season though personally.

Mingo is someone I rate but Marmal is much better on the ball. His pass stats are a little misleading as he has spent over half the games at LB however.

One thing that sticks out on the graphs is how unprogressive Ilaix pass selection was compared to De Vega and others. We can see in the first team that the percentage of backwards passing is even higher.

They also make Alejandro Sanz look much better than he was, who played RB until injury.

Bobo32

It is an accurate assessment. The team changed towards the end of the season and was better for it. De Vega is a good player and one I really like but did not really co-exist well when Collado moved to midfield. But next season if he recovers well from injury he should have a key role. I would have preferred we left him at Cartagena this season though personally.

Mingo is someone I rate but Marmal is much better on the ball. His pass stats are a little misleading as he has spent over half the games at LB however.

One thing that sticks out on the graphs is how unprogressive Ilaix pass selection was compared to De Vega and others. We can see in the first team that the percentage of backwards passing is even higher.

They also make Alejandro Sanz look much better than he was, who played RB until injury.

Thanks!
Yes, Ilaix is the type to take the ball and dribble until the solution appears, often it's just the backpass in the end. He roams around and finds some opportunities here and there though!

It would be nice to see the same analysis on Barcelona A (both of today and previous years). Especially this "style on the ball" seems a bit telling...
Konrad with some extreme graphs as well!

What is your opinion of the left back Balde? Some put a lot of hope on him as Albas successor I understand...

Home of Barca Fans