FC Barcelona B

Messi983

Well, he's better as a DM than CB so IF he has to play then play him at his natural position. Of course even better if he'd be left on the bench or in the stands and we'd play youngersters but that won't happen.

I understand that we need some more experienced players but just don't think Fali and Martinez have enough quality. I think older players we brought this summer (Lozano, De Galarreta, Arnaiz) will bring more to the team when they will adapt. At least they've successfully played at Segunda level before, something that Fali and Martinez have never done.

Porque

Incredibly tough game yesterday. Tenerife should of made Primera last season and improved with the signing of Longo.

Vitinho and Alena will struggle as both midfielders because they are too vertical. But with games this team will gel and should end in mid table. Arnaiz could be the next Nolito and will definately be a Primera player.

I am sure Fali-Martinez won't be the CBs all season and that eventually Cuenca-Tarin will take their place.

FC433

Centre back David Costas (22) didn't train with Celta Vigo yesterday. He is on the verge of joining Barcelona B on loan. [farodevigo]

Bueno and Cuenca are not going to get playing time apparently. It is a mess. The point of being in the second league is to give our talents chances to play in a challenging league. If we are not giving them chances there is really no point at all.

Last edited:

Messi983

Maybe Costas is coming to replace Martinez? Don't know how good he is but can't be worse.

Looking at TM he played 19 games for Celta in La Liga in 2013-14 season under Lucho when he was only 18 but then he fall out of favour when Berizzo take over as Celta coach and spent most of the next season out of Celta squad (maybe he played for their reserve team?). In 2015-16 season he was loaned to Segunda team Mallorca where he was a starter before injury ended his season in February. In first half of last season he again didn't get a chance with Berizzo and was loaned to Oviedo in winter transfer window. He started 19 games for them. Celta fans still seems to like him and wanted to give him a chance in their first team and some La Liga teams like Levante also wanted him on loan. He has more experience at Segunda and also La Liga level than all of our other CBs combined so getting him is maybe not such a bad thing but I really hope that means Martinez is leaving.

I'd prefer Bueno and Cuenca to get a chance to prove themselves instead of bringing another CB from the outside but if Gerard doesn't trust either of them then I'll take anyone that is better than Martinez and Fali to pair him with Tarin who will return to CB when Palencia returns.

Also, I think it's the best for Bueno to leave on loan if Gerard doesn't count on him. Cuenca at least was on the bench for the first two games.

Messi983

In other news, Nili's contract will be rescinded. Understandable since Palencia is a clear starting RB and Tarin will probably be used there when he won't be available. Though I hope that Gerard will keep Tarin at CB and give a chance to Morer.

And Braima Fati, who was recently on trial with Saint-Etienne will be loaned to Sabadell (Segunda B) where he'll join two of our other loanees Trapaga and Alasana.

We still have too many players so some others will probably leave in next two days.

Last edited:

xXKonan

He made the squad list vs Granada, and Tarin doesn't make the list.

Yeah we bought him to bench Tarin etc but he won't leave out Martinez who has been pretty poor this season.

God Serena

He made the squad list vs Granada, and Tarin doesn't make the list.

Yeah we bought him to bench Tarin etc but he won't leave out Martinez who has been pretty poor this season.

Has Martinez ever had a good game for Barca, period? I remember him having a total nightmare during pre-season under Lucho (But Grimaldo wasn't called up lol) and the few matches I could watch of Barca B in the 3rd division all saw him standout as worst man out there.

xXKonan

Has Martinez ever had a good game for Barca, period? I remember him having a total nightmare during pre-season under Lucho (But Grimaldo wasn't called up lol) and the few matches I could watch of Barca B in the 3rd division all saw him standout as worst man out there.
He was decent and did the job he was suppose to. But even then you can see his limitations, he's not good enough on the ball especially when he's being pressed and he looks tactically unaware of his surroundings at times as well.

tacticvarium

From what I've seen so far including pre-season,
these are the players who should be in starting XI.

- - Choco Lozano - - Abel Ruiz - - ???
- - Iñigo Ruiz - - Oriol Busi - - Aleñá
Cucu - - - ??? - - - Tarin? - - - Palencia

- Playing Vitinho as a forward is not a good idea and a genuine forward who can provide width and also score is more needed to create direct attacking threats & a more balanced and organized team. Currently Vitinho is given the role close to #10 free-role like Aleñá but that is making both him and Aleñá less effective on the pitch. Vitinho should play as a midfielder but at the moment he is not yet good enough to beat Iñigo as a starter. I believe Gerard López will also struggle to balance Aleñá and Vitinho since their playing style is similar and he already failed to find a solution before when he played Aleñá and Kaptoum together. López lacks the intelligence and experience.
- Not yet certain who has to start as CB duo. Tarin surely seems an obvious option but his current form is not yet fully tested due to that long injury. He will still need to prove that he is a worthy starter.
- Abel Ruiz is much more versatile and mobile than Cardona.

Last edited:

ebieymjunior

I'd go with

Palencia - Tarín - Bueno - Cucurella
- - Aleñá - Busquets - Vitinho
- Concha - Abel Ruiz - José Arnáiz

Let Aleñá play as a deep lying midfielder - and get him used to it for the first team ;) - and Vitinho as the AM

Rajoda

Banned
What did Tarin exactly do better than Fali, Martinez and Costas to start ahead of them ? and anyone who wants Bueno as a starter surely didn't see him during pre-season

Home of Barca Fans