FC Barcelona B

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
More worried about his comment about possibly signing more players and competing in Segunda A.

I get it, they want to do well, but I hope they don't sacrifice development in order to end with a top 3 finish.

JamDav1982

More worried about his comment about possibly signing more players and competing in Segunda A.

I get it, they want to do well, but I hope they don't sacrifice development in order to end with a top 3 finish.

As long as they have a decent quality side where any player from La Masia who deserves it is getting chances is fine.

Messi983

Today at 20:00

[tw]889787057546985472[/tw]

Also, according to Albert Roge we've signed RB Jose Luis Trapaga (19) from Villarreal. He could leave on loan next season.

I know it's just a highlights video but he looks good...

[youtube]cA35RX_Jwwg[/youtube]

tacticvarium

Why don't they just use Morer as Palencia's back-up? Are we getting rid of Morer to make room for this kid? Unless he is regarded as one of the best talents in his generation, there is no point of signing young players from outside and remove our own product.

khaled_a_d

Why don't they just use Morer as Palencia's back-up? Are we getting rid of Morer to make room for this kid? Unless he is regarded as one of the best talents in his generation, there is no point of signing young players from outside and remove our own product.

Why waste Morer career by making him skip Juvenil A? Why waste Morer career as back up? And since when promoting 17 years old plaer was good idea in second division?

tacticvarium

Why waste Morer career by making him skip Juvenil A? Why waste Morer career as back up? And since when promoting 17 years old plaer was good idea in second division?

I think you are confused between Dani "Morer" (b. 1998) and Mateu "Morey" (b. 2000).

Last edited:

Messi983

I think we should bring talented players from the outside and let our kids compete with them. If Morer is better then he'll play, if this kid will be better then it's his turn. You can never have enough talented players and we shouldn't look at everyone we brought from the outside as if we are trying to get rid of our youngsters but rather as a competition for them to eventually make all of them better.

I don't think either Trapaga or Morer will be in Barça B next season though as there is still Nili as a backup to Palencia. As said above he'll most likely go on loan (possibly to Segunda B team to get some experience in senior football as he so far has only played for Villarreal youth teams) and then maybe return next year when we'll probably have to replace both Palencia (he could be promoted to the first team or loaned) and Nili. So I think this is more a longterm signing for B team with potential to make it into first team (probably not very likely but it could happen). Just looking at that video I think he has talent so nothing wrong with signing him for free and see how he'll develop.

With Palencia, Morer, Trapaga and Morey we have some talented RBs and let's hope at least one of them can make it into first team in the future.

Trickykid

Apparently Konyk won´t join us and is close to Madrid.:lol:
I guess they were angry that we got Cuenca.

Yeah, just read that as well. Rumors will have it that he got angry that we suddenly wanted to loan him out, and then canceled our contract. Wierd situation to say the least.

I don't really mind, though. With Bueno, Cuenca, Marlon and most likely Yerry Mina shortly, we're stacked in terms of future partners to Umtiti.

Messi983

According to Ferran Martinez we rescinded his contract which he signed in March after he rejected our plan to loan him next season.

I think we signed Cuenca after we knew what will happen with Konyk.

Last edited:

Trickykid

According to Ferran Martinez we rescinded his contract which he signed in March after he rejected our plan to loan him next season.

I think we signed Cuenca after we knew what will happen with Konyk.

As far as I know there haven't been talks about Cuenca being loaned out, though?

Home of Barca Fans