FC Barcelona B

F

Flavia

As I said it is a much younger and also a lower standard squad than in Luis Enriques last year. You cant expect them to play in that same way and they are not nearly as bad as people make out on here and do try and pass the ball and play in a particular style.

I don't think it is a bad thing for the players to have more individuality in the b team. They need that and probably develop quicker that way than cruising as part of a very strong b team.

Individually players have been developing in the B team under him and that's all that can be asked for.

That's where you're wrong. They can be better developed than how they're are being under Eusebio. I know it's a much younger squad. I also don't expect them to play like lucho's or pep's b teams. But still, this group of players can do better. With a better coach than Eusebio. he's not the best the b-team can have.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
As I said it is a much younger and also a lower standard squad than in Luis Enriques last year. You cant expect them to play in that same way and they are not nearly as bad as people make out on here and do try and pass the ball and play in a particular style.

I don't think it is a bad thing for the players to have more individuality in the b team. They need that and probably develop quicker that way than cruising as part of a very strong b team.

Individually players have been developing in the B team under him and that's all that can be asked for.

Players would develop or stagnate individually regardless of the coach, whether it be Eusebio or Guardiola himself. Individual growth (or lack of) is a result of the player personally coping with and adapting to the transition from youth to professional football.

The coach however is responsible for developing the player in terms of how they function within a team/system and how they utilize the service of their teammates or provide service to them. The player wouldn't just be "cruising along in a very strong B team", they'd be magnifying their own brilliance and evolving it by utilizing the team to their advantage. If a coach has a proper system in place then the players would have a holistic development, if not they'd be lacking in several areas of the game and arrive to the first team way too raw and flawed. Prime example: Deulofeu. He developed tremendously as an individual during his time with the B team, yet had little to no systemic development.

The result is that while he was able to score left and right in Segunda, he was missing key aspects of his game. If he had developed that side of his play, he'd probably have scored a lot more goals, assisted a lot more, and have refined himself to have a high workrate and combine well with teammates. He might have not even needed the loan, instead only requiring the transition from Segunda level professional football to La liga, already being on the right path to the first team. He'd look a much better product than the flawed one we saw leave to Everton 6 months ago.

JamDav1982

That's where you're wrong. They can be better developed than how they're are being under Eusebio. I know it's a much younger squad. I also don't expect them to play like lucho's or pep's b teams. But still, this group of players can do better.

Clearly I disagree and dont think they are playing that badly and nor do I think that the team playing a pure Barca style is even all that important.

For example last season with Duelofeu had they played a pure passing style a lot of his individualism would have been taken away from him. As it was he was given responsibility to try and lead the team and take a more individual approach and I would argue he developed quicker as a result.

We dont want to see a bunch of robots coming out of a brilliant b team that are protected and still not quite ready for first team football at 20/21.

How many players came out of the Enrique team ready fir first team football? Maybe one in Thiago.

Others like Montoya and Bartra looked over protected and not ready for the first team for maybe another 2/3 years.

Players are developing I dont even see how that can be debated. Some of them have spoken of the influence he has had on them while there was a situation with Grimaldos attitude that he sorted out etc.

Could someone do a better job than Eusebio? I dont doubt that but a top coach producing a brilliant b team is not what it is all about for me.

JamDav1982

Players would develop or stagnate individually regardless of the coach, whether it be Eusebio or Guardiola himself. Individual growth (or lack of) is a result of the player personally coping with and adapting to the transition from youth to professional football.

The coach however is responsible for developing the player in terms of how they function within a team/system and how they utilize the service of their teammates or provide service to them. The player wouldn't just be "cruising along in a very strong B team", they'd be magnifying their own brilliance and evolving it by utilizing the team to their advantage. If a coach has a proper system in place then the players would have a holistic development, if not they'd be lacking in several areas of the game and arrive to the first team way too raw and flawed. Prime example: Deulofeu. He developed tremendously as an individual during his time with the B team, yet had little to no systemic development.

The result is that while he was able to score left and right in Segunda, he was missing key aspects of his game. If he had developed that side of his play, he'd probably have scored a lot more goals, assisted a lot more, and have refined himself to have a high workrate and combine well with teammates. He might have not even needed the loan, instead only requiring the transition from Segunda level professional football to La liga, already being on the right path to the first team. He'd look a much better product than the flawed one we saw leave to Everton 6 months ago.

I disagree and dont think the b team manager is there to be a brilliant coach in charge of a brilliant team he is there above all to develop players and improve them and get them ready for first team football.

You are complaining about a player in Duelofeu who was named the best player in the league last year and improved massively.

For me there would have been nothing worse than trying to over coach him and try to change him to fit that team.

F

Flavia

Could someone do a better job than Eusebio? I dont doubt that but a top coach producing a brilliant b team is not what it is all about for me.
Neither is for me, although you keep repeating it as if I had said it. There's no need for a top coach producing a brilliant b team. Just a more capable coach, better in developing the players inside the Barça system. Rubi is not a top coach, and I think he'd be a much better one than eusebio.

I disagree and dont think the b team manager is there to be a brilliant coach in charge of a brilliant team he is there above all to develop players and improve them and get them ready for first team football.

You are complaining about a player in Duelofeu who was named the best player in the league last year and improved massively.

For me there would have been nothing worse than trying to over coach him and try to change him to fit that team.

Wonder why Deulo wasn't ready for the 1st team, and needed to be loaned to a team with a catalan coach, so he learns things he should had learned with the b team, then.

pattegrisen

I personally didnt like how the team played last year either with an older and better squad .You can say that we have a much younger and also a lower standard squad but i think that most of us know that and i really believe that eusebio is so poor i dont understand his gameplan and chooses the wrong starters for most of the games with even poorer substitues

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Yeah he improved massively, but that's a personal growth. The coach teaching him to work in a system wouldn't have hindered his individual quality. If anything, he could've been better and more consistent. He'd track back more often, make runs off the ball in attacking positions, lead buildup play towards goal, and be a far bigger threat. His usual routine was instead to turn on a few times during a match when the ball was at his feet or in his area.

Deulofeu's brilliance often came in isolated flashes or moments, if he were to work from within the system it would've been a continuous flow and thus led to more output and productivity on his part.

JamDav1982

Neither is for me, although you keep repeating it as if I had said it. There's no need for a top coach producing a brilliant b team. Just a more capable coach, better in developing the players inside the Barça system. Rubi is not a top coach, and I think he'd be a much better one than eusebio.

Can you tell me of one minute that you have seen Eusebio coaching though?

The best players in the Barcelona team now did not come through any great b team in the Barca system. They were pretty much brilliant individuals in poor teams.

Plenty have players have developed and came through the b team and improved in that time. That is clear surely.

JamDav1982

Yeah he improved massively, but that's a personal growth. The coach teaching him to work in a system wouldn't have hindered his individual quality. If anything, he could've been better and more consistent. He'd track back more often, make runs off the ball in attacking positions, lead buildup play towards goal, and be a far bigger threat. His usual routine was instead to turn on a few times during a match when the ball was at his feet or in his area.

Deulofeu's brilliance often came in isolated flashes or moments, if he were to work from within the system it would've been a continuous flow and thus led to more output and productivity on his part.

I could just say every player improving is 'personal growth' you have no idea what coaching etc went on.

What players came out of Enrique team ready for first team football?

We will have to disagree on Duelfeu I think they way he was allowed to develop as an individual was better for him, you may think that they could have tried to achieve both I think that would have been impossible in one year.

F

Flavia

Can you tell me of one minute that you have seen Eusebio coaching though?

The best players in the Barcelona team now did not come through any great b team in the Barca system. They were pretty much brilliant individuals in poor teams.

Plenty have players have developed and came through the b team and improved in that time. That is clear surely.

No one needs to watch a training session. I watch most of the b teams games, and by watching a team play often, you can tell if a team has a proper coach or not. Did you need to watch Pep coaching to know he's good?

Also, just because in the past things happened in a certain way, it doesn't mean one should stop trying to improve. The b team improved a lot with Pep and Lucho, and all that improvement is going down the drain since eusebio took over.

JamDav1982

No one needs to watch a training session. I watch most of the b teams games, and by watching a team play often, you can tell if a team has a proper coach or not. Did you need to watch Pep coaching to know he's good?

Also, just because in the past things happened in a certain way, it doesn't mean one should stop trying to improve. The b team improved a lot with Pep and Lucho, and all that improvement is going down the drain since eusebio took over.

How many players came out of the b team under Enrique ready for first team football? That is the best b team there has been in recent years.

You really think this b team is all that bad?

I watch them and for me they look a team looking to play the Barca way but not as strict pure possession as the first team but the basic approach is still there.

jklz

What players came out of Enrique team ready for first team football?

Which players in his team were tipped for first team football? Dos Santos, Romeu and Thiago? Bartra, Montoya, Muniesa and Fontàs? Refresh my/our mind(s) here please.

JamDav1982

Which players in his team were tipped for first team football? Dos Santos and Thiago? Bartra, Montoya, Muniesa and Fontàs? Refresh my/our mind(s) here please.

All of the ones you mentioned were highly rated and Thiago was the only one that looked even close to being ready for the first team. Muniesa was a bit younger than the rest to be fair.

Home of Barca Fans