FC Barcelona B

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The B team is a joke right now. Just a place to hold the young talents with no development until we find a spot for them in the first team. It takes away a few years from their chance to learn and grow as players.

Why do you think it is the case, Don? Is it the manager or something else?

DinhoR10

:lol: Talk about seeing the glass half full. Except here its not as much as the glass being half full as it being down to its last dregs

:lol: I'm a positive guy and speaking of being positive overall teamplay is lacking but watching some of those guys out there is VERY encouraging some of them would be starters in non top teams already.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wonder if Eusebio is gonna play Adama more now or turn back to Nieto as usual again.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
That's not the case at all. They may not play football that is as easy on the eye as previous years but the players are still developing.

It is a very young side and overall lower on quality than in previous years but the players to me are developing and many of them getting used to playing this level of football for the first time.

There are things that can be accepted as a result of being a younger side, but this is just pathetic. The problems of a younger side would be playing a disciplined Barca-esque system but not being completely successful at it and sometimes making errors. This team has no system at all, we rely on the individual brilliance of players to make a difference rather than playing as a unit.

No one expects them to be top of the table or playing orgasmic football, but it should be fairly basic. We should be seeing the brilliance of the youngsters developing in a Barca-esque system that is a step down from the first team. Right now it's just an anarchic survival of the fittest situation where the players have to learn to rely on their individual abilities to succeed or don't make it.

The reason the players are developing is because of individual growth from playing in a tough league. That's a personal improvement. This should correspond with a collective development where they develop the systemic part of their game as well, providing and utilizing service from those around them and working as a whole machine.

Why do you think the likes of Roberto and Dongou (system players) look far better with the first team than the B team? They aren't brilliant as individuals yet succeed within a system.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Interesting to see some on social media mentioning Rubi as someone who should replace Eusebio. What do you guys think?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Interesting to see some on social media mentioning Rubi as someone who should replace Eusebio. What do you guys think?

I would welcome it. He succeeded with Girona last season and was unlucky not to get promotion. At least he is an active coach, whereas Eusebio is completely passive and has an influence that has yet to be seen.

JamDav1982

There are things that can be accepted as a result of being a younger side, but this is just pathetic. The problems of a younger side would be playing a disciplined Barca-esque system but not being completely successful at it and sometimes making errors. This team has no system at all, we rely on the individual brilliance of players to make a difference rather than playing as a unit.

No one expects them to be top of the table or playing orgasmic football, but it should be fairly basic. We should be seeing the brilliance of the youngsters developing in a Barca-esque system that is a step down from the first team. Right now it's just an anarchic survival of the fittest situation where the players have to learn to rely on their individual abilities to succeed or don't make it.

The reason the players are developing is because of individual growth from playing in a tough league. That's a personal improvement. This should correspond with a collective development where they develop the systemic part of their game as well, providing and utilizing service from those around them and working as a whole machine.

Why do you think the likes of Roberto and Dongou (system players) look far better with the first team than the B team? They aren't brilliant as individuals yet succeed within a system.

The b team is NOT there to totally replicate the first team style it is there to develop the players. I watched the game for spells today and they were playing good football anyway.

The majority of the b teams in the past that have produced the established players in the team were not even in the Segunda.

I don't doubt that Dongou or Roberto will look better for the first team look who they are playing beside.

The b team could easily be half made up of guys in their mid twenties that will never make it at the club but they are playing better football but at the moment it is the younger players that are being asked to lead the team which will help them develop quicker.

F

Flavia

The b team is NOT there to totally replicate the first team style it is there to develop the players. I watched the game for spells today and they were playing good football anyway.

The majority of the b teams in the past that have produced the established players in the team were not even in the Segunda.

I don't doubt that Dongou or Roberto will look better for the first team look who they are playing beside.

The b team could easily be half made up of guys in their mid twenties that will never make it at the club but they are playing better football but at the moment it is the younger players that are being asked to lead the team which will help them develop quicker.

Eusebio is doing a poor job. It could be much better than what it is now. Players could be developed better than they are being, the football played could be better. But instead they've been steadily gotten worse each season since eusebio took charge, culminating now with the threat of getting relegated.

JamDav1982

Eusebio is doing a poor job. It could be much better than what it is now. Players could be developed better than they are being, the football played could be better. But instead they've been steadily gotten worse each season since eusebio took charge, culminating now with the threat of getting relegated.

The squad is much younger and generally a lower standard than it has been.

How can anyone claim to know how they are coached. I doubt anyone on here has seen one minute of it.

There is no way a group of young players could go out and dominate teams the way the last squad under Luis Enrique did. That was a much higher standard and older squad.

If you are looking for the b team to play brilliant football you maybe could say he is doing a bad job - not that they play as nearly as badly as some people on here make out.

Players have been developing under him however in all of his seasons in charge and that is the much more important thing.

F

Flavia

The squad is much younger and generally a lower standard than it has been.

How can anyone claim to know how they are coached. I doubt anyone on here has seen one minute of it.

There is no way a group of young players could go out and dominate teams the way the last squad under Luis Enrique did. That was a much higher standard and older squad.

If you are looking for the b team to play brilliant football you maybe could say he is doing a bad job - not that they play as nearly as badly as some people on here make out.

Players have been developing under him however in all of his seasons in charge and that is the much more important thing.

You're missing the point. No one here is wanting them to dominate teams. As DonAndres said before:

There's really no denying everything said above. Eusebio is doing a poor job, I really hope Rubi takes over.

JamDav1982

You're missing the point. No one here is wanting them to dominate teams. As DonAndres said before:

There's really no denying everything said above. Eusebio is doing a poor job, I really hope Rubi takes over.

As I said it is a much younger and also a lower standard squad than in Luis Enriques last year. You cant expect them to play in that same way and they are not nearly as bad as people make out on here and do try and pass the ball and play in a particular style.

I don't think it is a bad thing for the players to have more individuality in the b team. They need that and probably develop quicker that way than cruising as part of a very strong b team.

Individually players have been developing in the B team under him and that's all that can be asked for.

Home of Barca Fans