FC Barcelona tickets: questions and info

harvdog13

Sorry, wasn't sure if I should start a new thread for this or post in here, but will be in Barcelona in early October for almost a week & will be there for the Barcelona v Real game on Oct. 7th. I'm obviously aware how big this game is over there & was just curious if anyone had any tips on how to get tickets? I've noticed that you can still get SuperCup tickets that aren't priced crazy - Why is it that for this game, I can't find any that are below $450 US? I don't even mind paying a few hundred, but $500+ is crazy I feel.

I'm wondering if it's possible to get tickets before hand that aren't going to cost an insane amount, or if it is worth waiting till closer to the game day? Is it possible to scalp tickets the day of the game like it is here in the US? Or is it way to big of a game for that?

Anyway, really any help on trying to go to this game would be unbelievably helpful. I'm never been to Spain, never been to a La Liga game & when I saw this come up, I got super excited & just hope I can get the chance to go.

Thanks in advance!

MisterE

Hi

I have also got tickets for the Valencia game and I am now wanting to book a hotel room for the night. However, does anyone know if the date of the game has been confirmed as the 2nd September yet? I have found a hotel that I really like the look of, but would like to book it asap before it sells out.

Also, I managed to get two seats together for me and my 8 year old son in section 148 behind the North Goal. Is this a decent area?

Any advice for a Barca newbie would be gratefully received.

:barca scarf:

Many thanks

moreino

Hi, the date is confirmed as the hour and minute (21:30) also posted on the official home page. I never was in that section but frankly I think any section in Camp Nou is a decent one.

MisterE

Hi, the date is confirmed as the hour and minute (21:30) also posted on the official home page. I never was in that section but frankly I think any section in Camp Nou is a decent one.

Many thanks - when I checked this morning, the kick-off was still 20:00. It will be a late night for my son then - I'm sure the excitement will keep him awake!

Tembbi

Also, I managed to get two seats together for me and my 8 year old son in section 148 behind the North Goal. Is this a decent area?

Any section at Camp Nou is cool. Although the further away you are from the field, you might lose a bit of the atmosphere if that's what you're looking for.
However, the further away you are, the easier the game is to follow. I would probably only try to avoid the south end as usually the small group of visitor
fans sit there. Then perhaps the side with the roof often has more tourists than elsewhere. It's kind of hard to say. All sections are sort of good in their
own way. :) I'm sure your seats are fine and your son will enjoy it especially as he might get to see goals really close by.

Tomchin

Does anyone know if the CL group-stage games are included in the season-ticket? In case it's included, it probably will be very difficult to get a ticket for those games (I'm not a season-ticket holder, nor a soci).

Tomchin

I've noticed that you can still get SuperCup tickets that aren't priced crazy - Why is it that for this game, I can't find any that are below $450 US? I don't even mind paying a few hundred, but $500+ is crazy I feel.
Because the supercup-tickets aren't included in the season-tickets. Season-ticket holders (of which they're plenty, I guess +- 90.000) can release their seats for a particular game through the system of Seient Lliure ("Free your seat"), which means that for the lowly-ranked games (like Osasuna and Mallorca etc.) there become quite a lot of seats available for the foreign visitors (non-season ticket holders). For the big games (RM and Espanyol etc.), most season-ticket holders won't release their seat, which means that very few seats become available for foreign visitors. The few seats that become available, are sold for crazy prices (because obviously, the demand is extremely high)

For the Supercopa game yesterday there were still quite a lot of seats available (the speaker in the stadium said 92.000 visitors, so +- 7000 free seats available), because that game wasn't included in the season-ticket, and lots of Catalonians are on holiday in August. So the tickets yesterday were sold at acceptable prices (60 - 150 euro)

Anyway, if you want to go to a Clasico in the Liga, I'm afraid you'll need to pay +- 500 euro per ticket.

moreino

Does anyone know if the CL group-stage games are included in the season-ticket? In case it's included, it probably will be very difficult to get a ticket for those games (I'm not a season-ticket holder, nor a soci).

Yes, all CL home matches are included in the season ticket, excepf for the final, of course. Season ticket holders can convert their ticket to La Liga only, without the CL though. I don't remember any CL match sold out completely last season. Maybe semi final against Chelsea was close to it. Tickets fot that particular game are sold for members only and was advertised as such, but the last day (was it the day before the match?) sale was opened to all. Plenty of tickets was available.

harvdog13

Because the supercup-tickets aren't included in the season-tickets. Season-ticket holders (of which they're plenty, I guess +- 90.000) can release their seats for a particular game through the system of Seient Lliure ("Free your seat"), which means that for the lowly-ranked games (like Osasuna and Mallorca etc.) there become quite a lot of seats available for the foreign visitors (non-season ticket holders). For the big games (RM and Espanyol etc.), most season-ticket holders won't release their seat, which means that very few seats become available for foreign visitors. The few seats that become available, are sold for crazy prices (because obviously, the demand is extremely high)

For the Supercopa game yesterday there were still quite a lot of seats available (the speaker in the stadium said 92.000 visitors, so +- 7000 free seats available), because that game wasn't included in the season-ticket, and lots of Catalonians are on holiday in August. So the tickets yesterday were sold at acceptable prices (60 - 150 euro)

Anyway, if you want to go to a Clasico in the Liga, I'm afraid you'll need to pay +- 500 euro per ticket.

Thanks for the info, wasn't aware of all that - I'll see what I can find then.

Tomchin

Thanks for the info, wasn't aware of all that - I'll see what I can find then.
Good luck, keep us updated about your progress, 'cause surely there're some other people on the forum here (me included ;)) that are interested in finding a ticket for the Clasico.

Maybe you could try to wait until 1 week before the game, and see if there still become some tickets available on the official website (those will be at acceptable prices: 90 - 250 euro). If not, then you still can buy a ticket at a crazy price (500 euro)

moreino

Maybe you could try to wait until 1 week before the game, and see if there still become some tickets available on the official website (those will be at acceptable prices: 90 - 250 euro). If not, then you still can buy a ticket at a crazy price (500 euro)

Accoding to the original announcement back in July: "Once all of the tickets are sold, sales will be closed until one day before the match, when the tickets released by means of Seient Lliure will go on sale."

Tomchin

Barcelona's cheapest season ticket (Liga, cup, CL) costs 125€. Only Mallorca has cheaper season ticket in Spain: 120€ [via lainformacion]]
Wow, that's extremely cheap. Even if it's the worst seat in the stadium (in the General), I don't see how they can offer a season-ticket of +- 20 games for 125 euro (+- 6 euro per game). For the first League-game against a lowly-ranked side like RSO, I already payed 60 euro?

Home of Barca Fans