FC Barcelona tickets: questions and info

psb07158

I managed to buy a ticket for the game v Man United but I received an email saying the club has cancelled my ticket. They must think I?m a Man United fan because I?m coming from the UK.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do? I literally have pictures of me attending the Barca tour, wearing Barca merchandise etc. I don?t even live in England

FinBarcelonafan

Where did you buy the ticket?

I haven't seen official tickets sold yet for outsiders (not socio). I am waiting for tickets myself.

Of course you could buy VIP tickets but very pricey.

Why are you coming from England? You probably need to prove your nationality and where you live for real (prove of address and country). They dont want another Frankfurt scenario.

So you are English lad who is a fan of Barcelona?

Last edited:

psb07158

Where did you buy the ticket?

I haven't seen official tickets sold yet for outsiders (not socio). I am waiting for tickets myself.

Of course you could buy VIP tickets but very pricey.

Why are you coming from England? You probably need to prove your nationality and where you live for real (prove of address and country). They dont want another Frankfurt scenario.

So you are English lad who is a fan of Barcelona?

On the website - they opened up on Tuesday but they have now been withdrawn from sale for non-socios

I live in Glasgow. I?m Scottish and Barca are my 2nd team, unlike many of my friends here I don?t have a secondary English team, I have always loved Barca

fergus90

On the website - they opened up on Tuesday but they have now been withdrawn from sale for non-socios

I live in Glasgow. I?m Scottish and Barca are my 2nd team, unlike many of my friends here I don?t have a secondary English team, I have always loved Barca

I went to Barcelona - Man City back in 2016 and got my tickets about 3 days before the game. They usually go on sale for socios and members first plus the VIP option then go on general sale a few days before the game, so perhaps that was an error.

I've also been to La Liga games where i've actually bought tickets on the day. The games rarely sell out to be honest. I think if you check back a couple days before, you'll get them.

Worst case scenario, you'd be able to buy them outside the stadium (not ideal I know, because you'll be most likely paying over face value).

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The ticket sales that was opened on this past Tuesday was supposed to be for socis only (only lasted for 24 hours I believe), perhaps it was open to the general public by mistake.

Also, I could be mistaken, but from what I read from what Elena Fort said and the reports of all the measures on this game which is considered " high risk", they won't be opening the ticketing booths outside Camp Nou for this one. Not 100% sure, you might want to do some research and make sure.

I'd suggest that you still sign up for that "Let me know" on the official site and try to purchase it online. You probably don't want to use a UK-issued credit card though.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Yeah, it was probably there on mistake because I never received any email about tickets.

Usually tickets are available few days before the match.(for the big matches)

soumyasubhra

Hi everyone. I am currently living in the United Kingdom and want to see our Europa league away fixture at Manchester. Can anyone tell me where and how do I get our away tickets?

psb07158

Guys, just an update based on what I've been able to work out from some people online - the tickets definitely went on sale 1st Feb. They had a sale for Socios only on 31 Jan then from 11am CET on 1 Feb they went on sale to Non-Socios. Barca did not email out anyone on the list who had signed up to the 'Let Me Know' part, from what I can see.

Anyone (like me) who bought a ticket but told the club we are British in their additional data request had their tickets cancelled, because the club has assumed everyone from the UK supports Manchester United (absolute stupidity frankly, 65 million people in the UK with 42 professional clubs in Scotland and another 100+ in England/Wales/Northern Ireland). This includes British people currently living abroad anywhere in the world - if you said you're British = ticket cancelled, no questions asked with no recourse. One guy I spoke to phoned the ticket line as he lives in Marbella and can speak fluent Spanish, he was told because he was British he wouldn't be allowed entry to the home section. The ironic part here is he is a Man City fan, and his son, born + raised in Spain is a huge Barca fan.

Anyone who bought a ticket but isn't British, hasn't had their tickets cancelled. I was speaking to a guy from Poland yesterday via Twitter and he confirmed he bought two and they hadn't been cancelled.

The below was written by Andy Mitten, a journalist who works for the The Athletic and is based between Manchester + Barcelona.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/spo...-europa-league-clash-sold-out-in-three-hours/

Looks like our only hope will be a few tickets popping back up from season ticket holders who aren't going, or via ticket touts. Those of us who are British though, will continue to struggle to get a ticket - I'm thinking I might just give my trip a miss. I will lose on the money I paid for flights but I can cancel my hotel.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That is just ridiculous. The club panicked after the Eintracht Frankfurt fiasco and went over with their measures to prevent fans of the opposing team to enter Camp Nou. Should have learned from other clubs on how they handled this situation and focused on penalizing those socis who sold their tickets and transferred their cards instead.

[MENTION=22849]psb07158[/MENTION], I hope you can still get a ticket in the end. Worst case scenario, try those third-party sites like via**** etc.

Last edited:

psb07158

Hey guys - the tickets are on sale again now.

All UK-linked bank cards are being blocked, so I still can't get one, but hoping it helps other friends on here who were waiting to buy one.

Andresito

Staff member
It's a lazy but effective solution to rid the stands of away fans. Surely got to be a better way of doing it though. Could easily just check if that email has bought regular Barca tickets before, just use nominal tickets.

Feel sorry for those who have proved to be loyal before, like a big fuck you from the club. Can't have it like this in the long run. Cannot just ban a whole country from buying just because a team from said country is playing.

Messigician

It's a lazy but effective solution to rid the stands of away fans. Surely got to be a better way of doing it though. Could easily just check if that email has bought regular Barca tickets before, just use nominal tickets.

Feel sorry for those who have proved to be loyal before, like a big fuck you from the club. Can't have it like this in the long run. Cannot just ban a whole country from buying just because a team from said country is playing.

U don't understand how serious what happened at Frankfurt was

If we win Europa we have more money and are pot 1 in UCL which means no Bayer inter group which means we still in UCL which means more money and we have a chance of winning treble as all other teams are shit atm

Home of Barca Fans