Marco Verratti

fergus90

I'd still take him here now. He's a midfield all within himself. The only real issue is he picks up silly yellow cards for mouthing off at the ref.

fergus90

He's a top 5 midfielder in my opinion. Even last night made the most passes, most dribbles and won most duels. He just wasted his prime years at PSG.

BBZ8800

He's a top 5 midfielder in my opinion. Even last night made the most passes, most dribbles and won most duels. He just wasted his prime years at PSG.

Imo, City alone has 3-4 better midfielders than him.

Then Modric, Kroos, Frenkie...

And that's only from 3 clubs.

fergus90

Really? As a pure CM? To me, Verratti is excellent at dribbling, evades tackles well, can pass the ball between lines, great one touch passer. Also a very, very good tackler and wins many duels.

It's his behaviour off the ball that lets him down in my opinion not on it.

fergus90

Then Modric, Kroos, Frenkie...

And that's only from 3 clubs.

Kroos and Modric maybe be better yes. I'm still not sold on Frenkie as a CM at the 'elite' level. His better performance against PSG came as a CB.

Great stamina etc but something is still missing for me.

serghei

Kroos and Modric maybe be better yes. I'm still not sold on Frenkie as a CM at the 'elite' level. His better performance against PSG came as a CB.

Great stamina etc but something is still missing for me.

In their prime, no doubt about it. Now? Don't think so.

fergus90

In their prime, no doubt about it? Now? Don't think so, Modric is not even close.

Not now, but Modric is a legend of the game so it's difficult to disregard him. I think Verratti is under rated big time. In fact I'm quite suprised as BBZ usually likes the aggresive, tackling types and Verratti is great at winning the ball back.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Doesn't really matter now anyway.

Verratti is turning 29 soon, is a bit injury prone and stuck in Paris.

Waste of talent.

serghei

Not now, but Modric is a legend of the game so it's difficult to disregard him. I think Verratti is under rated big time. In fact I'm quite suprised as BBZ usually likes the aggresive, tackling types and Verratti is great at winning the ball back.

He is. Modric is a legend, but he's not what he was. Age caught up to him. Don't see Madrid dominating anyone really these days with Modric and Kroos. Casemiro is their best midfielder.

Home of Barca Fans