Sergi Barjuan

Windhook

At half time some praised his work, I kept my mouth shut. You cannot judge by just 3 games somebody and I said it before his first game that the next 4 matches Barjuan will be in charge are easy. He failed to do so. In those games what I saw basically was the same Barca of Koeman with just little more intensity and few returned injured players who then again picked up injuries. All in all it's the curse of the caretaker manager - you have no time to channel your vision of football on your players.

mc_lovin

At half time some praised his work, I kept my mouth shut. You cannot judge by just 3 games somebody and I said it before his first game that the next 4 matches Barjuan will be in charge are easy. He failed to do so. In those games what I saw basically was the same Barca of Koeman with just little more intensity and few returned injured players who then again picked up injuries. All in all it's the curse of the caretaker manager - you have no time to channel your vision of football on your players.

To be fair to him the substitutions told the story of the game. We have zero depth. And started with three teenagers as well, which is great, because they actually performed, but it's rough squad planning.

Messi983

Has Barca DNA

Yep, Sergi was involved in last two league games we didn't won after leading by 3 goals. In 1998 he played vs Valencia when we lost 4-3 being up 3-0 early in 2nd half.

http://www.ciberche.net/histoche/partido?match=409

Well, at least we didn't lose today.

And to be clear, I don't actually blame Sergi much for what happened today. This is not his team and will never be. And we won the most important game this week.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

tbh, can permanent manager do anything if he has to do 3 subs due to injuries? specially when those subs are due to the best players in each line and in a team already suffering from injuries?
Don't get me wrong, but we how many players were injured or picked injury during the season? I don't think you can judge anyone under such circumstances.
I think Sergi done fairly well for interim tbh, especially under such disastrous circumstances.

Windhook

I think Sergi done fairly well for interim tbh, especially under such disastrous circumstances.

You got me wrong there, maybe I didn't clarify much. I liked Sergi's approach, he brought some calma attitude with him which was apparent especially with the young players, but it's an impossible task to work with a squad in mid-season and bring any major change in 14 days or whatever he was in charge. He's a good coach, but I don't think he has the charisma and reputation to be the next revolutionary Barca looks for.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We're close to the relegation zone now. As a manager he's been a scrub his entire career so appointing him seem more and more like nepotism with every day. Just the new guys hiring their close friend.

Porque

B team are playing horrible right now. A real struggle to watch, and no one looks like they are really developing.

When Pep was manager we brought in LE for the B who had that similar synergy. Need to find someone like that again for the B team.

xXKonan

Barjuan remained angry after the defeat against N?stic. He doesn’t understand why what is worked on during the week doesn’t come out in the games

He criticized the players and although they can understand the meaning of his statements they feel uncomfortable

Via
@bonagerman

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What a pathetic manager this Barjuan is, blaming the players.

Once you lost respect and the dressing room, you will accomplish nothing. He should be sacked right away.

Home of Barca Fans