User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sergi Barjuan

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At half time some praised his work, I kept my mouth shut. You cannot judge by just 3 games somebody and I said it before his first game that the next 4 matches Barjuan will be in charge are easy. He failed to do so. In those games what I saw basically was the same Barca of Koeman with just little more intensity and few returned injured players who then again picked up injuries. All in all it's the curse of the caretaker manager - you have no time to channel your vision of football on your players.

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has Barca DNA

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Windhook View Post
    At half time some praised his work, I kept my mouth shut. You cannot judge by just 3 games somebody and I said it before his first game that the next 4 matches Barjuan will be in charge are easy. He failed to do so. In those games what I saw basically was the same Barca of Koeman with just little more intensity and few returned injured players who then again picked up injuries. All in all it's the curse of the caretaker manager - you have no time to channel your vision of football on your players.
    To be fair to him the substitutions told the story of the game. We have zero depth. And started with three teenagers as well, which is great, because they actually performed, but it's rough squad planning.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solid

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100% unbeaten record. My coach.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messigician View Post
    Has Barca DNA
    Yep, Sergi was involved in last two league games we didn't won after leading by 3 goals. In 1998 he played vs Valencia when we lost 4-3 being up 3-0 early in 2nd half.

http://www.ciberche.net/histoche/partido?match=409

Well, at least we didn't lose today.

And to be clear, I don't actually blame Sergi much for what happened today. This is not his team and will never be. And we won the most important game this week.
    Last edited by Messi983; 6th November 2021 at 10:45 PM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Windhook View Post
    tbh, can permanent manager do anything if he has to do 3 subs due to injuries? specially when those subs are due to the best players in each line and in a team already suffering from injuries?
    Don't get me wrong, but we how many players were injured or picked injury during the season? I don't think you can judge anyone under such circumstances.
    I think Sergi done fairly well for interim tbh, especially under such disastrous circumstances.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    I think Sergi done fairly well for interim tbh, especially under such disastrous circumstances.
    You got me wrong there, maybe I didn't clarify much. I liked Sergi's approach, he brought some calma attitude with him which was apparent especially with the young players, but it's an impossible task to work with a squad in mid-season and bring any major change in 14 days or whatever he was in charge. He's a good coach, but I don't think he has the charisma and reputation to be the next revolutionary Barca looks for.

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're close to the relegation zone now. As a manager he's been a scrub his entire career so appointing him seem more and more like nepotism with every day. Just the new guys hiring their close friend.

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    We're close to the relegation zone with this scrub they brought back from China.
    Not even close to being fired apparently

Laporta nepotism

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    B team are playing horrible right now. A real struggle to watch, and no one looks like they are really developing.

When Pep was manager we brought in LE for the B who had that similar synergy. Need to find someone like that again for the B team.

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did we fire the old manager

People loved him and he was doing a great job

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Signature Laporta cronyism and nepotism.
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barjuan remained angry after the defeat against N?stic. He doesn’t understand why what is worked on during the week doesn’t come out in the games

He criticized the players and although they can understand the meaning of his statements they feel uncomfortable

Via
    @bonagerman

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a pathetic manager this Barjuan is, blaming the players.

Once you lost respect and the dressing room, you will accomplish nothing. He should be sacked right away.
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!