Tito Vilanova will be FC Barcelona's head manager through 2014

Boris

He looks much taller cause he's thin. Anyway, he looks good in suit, but will never reach Pep :blush:

Barcafire

I hope Tito experiments a lot less with his line-up than Pep, and experiments more with broader direct attack strategy. Not that I don't love our tiki-taka, but I think sometimes this team just needs more of a direct approach to the game, so we're just not kicking the ball horizontally for 90 minutes during a crucial match and then get beaten by a counter attack. More crosses, more headers, etc. Perhaps a good reason to get another CB with height, muscle, and headers.

It seems like Chelsea and Real Madrid got the better with us with that single counter attack strategy.

The one thing I hope Tito keeps from the Pep era, is a healthy and consistent substitution rotation. We have so many great young players that are eager to play and grow; and aging players (puyol, xavi, villa) that have plenty to give and a symbol of this team.

Speaking of which, I think we have a great team already that doesn't need much tinkering. We just need to sell some dead weight (afellay, keita) and get a CB. I don't think we need a striker just yet since we can rely on our false 9 line-up.

(false 9 line-up)
---------------vv----------------
alves----pique---puyol----alba
------------busquets------------
-----xavi-------------inesta----
--------------cesc---------------
------messi--------sanchez----

(our traditional 4-3-3)
--------xavi------inesta---------
----messi--------------pedro---
--------------villa---------------

Thoughts? Trying to keep it simple.

AvocadoCake

I hope Tito experiments a lot less with his line-up than Pep, and experiments more with broader direct attack strategy. Not that I don't love our tiki-taka, but I think sometimes this team just needs more of a direct approach to the game, so we're just not kicking the ball horizontally for 90 minutes during a crucial match and then get beaten by a counter attack. More crosses, more headers, etc. Perhaps a good reason to get another CB with height, muscle, and headers.

It seems like Chelsea and Real Madrid got the better with us with that single counter attack strategy.

The one thing I hope Tito keeps from the Pep era, is a healthy and consistent substitution rotation. We have so many great young players that are eager to play and grow; and aging players (puyol, xavi, villa) that have plenty to give and a symbol of this team.

Speaking of which, I think we have a great team already that doesn't need much tinkering. We just need to sell some dead weight (afellay, keita) and get a CB. I don't think we need a striker just yet since we can rely on our false 9 line-up.

(false 9 line-up)
-----xavi-------------inesta----
--------------cesc---------------
------messi--------sanchez----

(our traditional 4-3-3)
--------xavi------inesta---------
----messi--------------pedro---
--------------villa---------------

Thoughts? Trying to keep it simple.
:angry:

Last edited:

lewin

Can anyone clarify: What matches is Mou banned for and what matches is Tito banned?

Mou is banned for both SuperCopa matches and Tito only one?

Home of Barca Fans