9 - Robert Lewandowski

Temptation

Nice try, he played with 5 different coaches and thrived under all of them.

The systems of Pep, Enrique, and EV are nothing alike :lol:

They all adopted their systems based on his strengths minimizing his weaknesses within the same institution called Barcelona where Messi was by far the most powerful figure.

There's a reason why Barca haven't been able to hire a top top coach because no self respecting coach eould come to a club where 1 guy dictates so much. Even Pep was hired as a newbie gamble.

This is why the radical decline as soon as he stepped in Paris which had other top dogs and everything wasn't spoonfed.

Yeah I know, you'll say Messi declined and I agree.

But if it was only due to his decline then it would be more gradual not as steep.

Temptation

1) You can't say 'ever' to hype him up and then backpeddle to 'modern era' - Overall answer is Puskas who was far more dominant than CR7 into his mid and late 30s.

2) Even a nobody like Quagliarella scored more league goals (26 goals I believe) at 36-37 than CR7 did, and in fact outscored CR7 in the league.

CR7 has been good in his mid 30s but as usual, you're completely hyping him up

Pretty sure neither me or you watched Puskas in action. I just don't pretend. I, like majority of Football fans ain't got a clue about Puskas or Di Stefano.

Maybe our mate, Fati saw him in action but then I think even the old man isn't old enough. :satorra:

KingLeo10

Pretty sure neither me or you watched Puskas in action. I just don't pretend. I, like majority of Football fans ain't got a clue about Puskas or Di Stefano.

Maybe our mate, Fati saw him in action but then I think even the old man isn't old enough. :satorra:

I don't need to watch him in action to know he scored at 1 goal / game ratio in his mid 30s.

The whole argument was about number of goals, no?

Temptation

I don't need to watch him in action to know he scored at 1 goal / game ratio in his mid 30s.

The whole argument was about number of goals, no?

It makes sense to limit it to the modern era. The games was so different back then. It's way too long back to compare.

The point about CR7 maintaining a great level for his age stands strong regardless.

KingLeo10

Because United are a finished team

He would still score 50 goals a season if he moved to farmers league PSG rather than roughest league in the world EPL

Like he scored 50 goals a season in his 1st season at Juve (like PSG the most dominant team in the league) at the age of 33-34, right?

Oh wait, it was 28 :lol:

CatalinR10

Because United are a finished team

He would still score 50 goals a season if he moved to farmers league PSG rather than roughest league in the world EPL

Sure he would.

He'll be with 2 other goalscorers in the team instead of nobody like at United. He wouldn't have the luxury of everyone passing to him or every ball searching him in the penalty area like at United.

Messigician

Like he scored 50 goals a season in his 1st season at Juve (like PSG the most dominant team in the league) at the age of 33-34, right?

Oh wait, it was 28 :lol:

He did great for Juve in a defensive team.

PSG aren't Juve lol they have Verrati and Co to help Ronaldo not Arthur and Rabiot

KingLeo10

No they weren't

Neymar Verrati and Mbappe

Compared to Higuain Pjanic Matuidi Ramsey lol

Just look at that 2019 final lineup

Good stuff

They won 90 points in Serie A, just like they had won 90 points in Serie A multiple years prior.

:lol: How about you name the defense too? Juve's >> PSG's

Weak trolling

Messigician

They won 90 points in Serie A, just like they had won 90 points in Serie A multiple years prior.

:lol: How about you name the defense too? Juve's >> PSG's

Weak trolling

De Sciglio Bonucci and Alex Sandro are that good for you?

They win Serie A mainly because of Ronaldo having a GOAT season and breaking multiple domestic records

I'd Persoanlly have Mendes Ramos Marquinhos Hakimi but that's just me

KingLeo10

De Sciglio Bonucci and Alex Sandro are that good for you?

They win Serie A mainly because of Ronaldo having a GOAT season and breaking multiple domestic records

I'd Persoanlly have Mendes Ramos Marquinhos Hakimi but that's just me

Bonucci Cheillini Sandro > Mendes Marquinhos Hakimi

Ramos didn't even play :lol:

28 goals at 33-34 is a GOAT season. Ok, troll :lol:

Rassvet

Why didn't he carry PSG then

They'll just claim it is due to age. Better question would be why he couldn't carry Argentina or perform even close to half as well as he was for Barcelona at the 2018 WC or 2019 Copa if he was good enough to score a goal per game and drag a team to success with "bums" all around him back then.

Home of Barca Fans