9 - Robert Lewandowski

Morten

I agree on the pressing and mentioned that myself a few posts above. Other than that, don't see any decline in Muller or Lewy.

Just to draw a comparison, people said Ronaldo's goals would dry up when Ozil or Di Maria left, but never happened.

Natural goalscorers finds a way, in all likelihood.

KingLeo10

Just to draw a comparison, people said Ronaldo's goals would dry up when Ozil or Di Maria left, but never happened.

Natural goalscorers finds a way, in all likelihood.

Those players were replaced with the likes of Modric and Kroos. Not to mention Bale (post Ozil), the evolution of Carvajal as a strong RB, and the peak of Marcelo.

Not the best of examples.

A better example is Messi without Xavi and Iniesta in 18/19 when the midfield was a literal zombie trio of Busquets, Rakitic, Vidal

Messigician

Those players were replaced with the likes of Modric and Kroos. Not to mention Bale (post Ozil), the evolution of Carvajal as a strong RB, and the peak of Marcelo.

Not the best of examples.

A better example is Messi without Xavi and Iniesta in 18/19 when the midfield was a literal zombie trio of Busquets, Rakitic, Vidal

Literal zombie trio reached ucl semis within a sniff of the final

Your boys gavi and fdj got knocked out by Frankfurt in Europa league

Temptation

Why didn't he carry PSG then

Like Alex Ferguson said, Messi is a system player. Much more of a system player than Ronaldo anyways.

Nothing wrong about it. In his peak he deserved the team to be built around him to maximize his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. He was just that good.

Think even his fans will agree with this?

KingLeo10

Like Alex Ferguson said, Messi is a system player. Much more of a system player than Ronaldo anyways.

Nothing wrong about it. In his peak he deserved the team to be built around him to maximize his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. He was just that good.

Think even his fans will agree with this?

Nice try, he played with 5 different coaches and thrived under all of them.

The systems of Pep, Enrique, and EV are nothing alike :lol:

KingLeo10

Why? Which 37 year old scored more in the modern era??

1) You can't say 'ever' to hype him up and then backpeddle to 'modern era' - Overall answer is Puskas who was far more dominant than CR7 into his mid and late 30s.

2) Even a nobody like Quagliarella scored more league goals (26 goals I believe) at 36-37 than CR7 did, and in fact outscored CR7 in the league.

CR7 has been good in his mid 30s but as usual, you're completely hyping him up

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Get him. Instant upgrade on Auba and far from being finished physically. Unlike our oldies, Lewa is CR-like obsessed about staying in shape with diets, workouts, etc. I think he can play at a high level until 38.

Home of Barca Fans