9 - Robert Lewandowski

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not snubbish but your pure hatred for Bayern is insane and a bit over the top. :lol:
Any particular reasons?

Same reason why you are a Liverpool fan or don’t like certain other clubs.

Quite a few reasons but let’s just say that I find the fact their club and their fans beaming with excessive hubris, again that holier than thou bs, disturbing. I hate their lecturing. Past practice of purposely weakening direct rivals by signing their players etc., among other things.

Porque

Fuck it. Just get Ronaldo for a year.

Atleast it would stir the pot marketing wise. Then Lewa and Salah next year.

xXKonan

The strikers market is dryer than a desert right now as all the top-notch ones are already tied up with other big clubs.

I understand trying for Lewa but 60 Million? fuck that. I'd rather use what money we have and possibly the FDJ money on securing a good CM/CB and some proper fullbacks. or Trust in the likes of Gavi/Nico and hope they step up and pray Pedri stays fit the entire season so we can free up even more cash.

60m now? :lol:

Bayern set the price themselves with Mane, everything else is in bad faith and I hope we step the fuck away.

What has the Mane purchase to do with Lewy?

Mane was not really somebody needed in Munich with Sane, Coman and Gnabry - and maybe even Musiala - on the wings. Bayern took the chance to get him as his agent, who lives in Munich and works together with him since his Salzburg days, set together with Brazzo over other contracts and Mane was mentioned as gettable. Brazzo and Kahn needed a status transfer...
I think that Bayern was very high up on Mane's priority list if he did not want to transfer inside the EPL especially as he seems to like the area.

Lewy is just something different. It is difficult to get a matching striker for the system who will get numbers. There is really nobody on the market that could replace Lewy. Right now the only possibility is to live without a real no. 9 and build a system with interchanging false nines - or Lewy staying.

Yannik

It happened with high profile players like Dembele, Coutinho and now Lewandowski. Who else? Naturally because "the selling club", or the club who the player departed from plays hardball and wanted to either retain the player or extract a huge price (like Bayern is doing now with the fucking pathetic demand of 60m) while the player is adamant to leave.

Any evidence that Barca instructed, directed or encouraged these players to push their way out?

Fabregas, also according to Atletico, Griezmann was contacted the same way but Atletico was cooperative from the start so it never evolved into a drama.

Barcilliant

Save the money please. I hope they don't blow money like they did with ferret.
Either get some promising youngster or somebody on the cheap. If they want Lewa, let him come for free. I hope Laporta isn't desperate to get him and throws all the cash into one transfer.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Fabregas, also according to Atletico, Griezmann was contacted the same way but Atletico was cooperative from the start so it never evolved into a drama.

Yes Fabregas was a saga, I totally forgot about it but I don't know how much a role the club actually played. Griezmann didn't really put forth much of a fuss, right? I don't remember him playing much hardball with Atletico and again I don't know if Barca had any role in terms of instructing or encouraging them to do anything. I think if a player wants to leave and already has a club in mind as to where he really wants to go to, they do things on their own without being told by their destination clubs.

With regard to Lewandowski in particular, I don't think Barca had anything to do with it. Bayern's reluctance to renew him and their procrastination in starting the renewal talks pissed him off, and rumor had it that Bayern was secretly calculating their chances of landing Haaland added to it, which led to where we are today. Barca expressed their interest only after Lewandowski was pissed and came out saying he wanted to leave, I thought.

Porque

They were all under Rosell/Bartomeu though.

Do we have any cases in Laporta's first stint of asking the player to help force his exit.

Off the top of my head all their dealings were pretty clean.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bayern should lose some of their arrogance about being better than everyone else after they teamed up with Doha Airport and Qatar themselves and allowed Uli Hoeness back.

Home of Barca Fans