9 - Robert Lewandowski

Messigician

Was just private messaged who made the account

I won't say who it is but their main account is named after a certain bald Algerian

olivis

There are so many players who have a claim to be the 3rd best player in the CR7 Messi generation.

Earlier we had Xavi, Iniesta, Ribery, Neuer, Robben, Neymar, De Bruyne...

Lewandowski started becoming really good only in 2013.

Lewandowski's the best player in the last few years but Messi has been at the top for so long Lewy was still playing in Poland then.

KingLeo10

3rd best of the generation is easily Xavi. Lewandowski has nothing on him in terms of influence to winning.

It's Messi, CR7, Xavi, Iniesta, and 5th spot goes to any of Robben, Neuer, Lewa, Suarez, Benz, and Modric.

RF20

Banned
I just think that comparing Xavi and Iniesta with these forwards is pretty difficult. But loved the way those 2 dominated games in their peak in those Barca and Spain teams.

I'd disagree with the other names though. I think Lewandowski is better than Suarez. Suarez had a great prime but actually Suarez was kinda underwhelming for us(Liverpool) against the elite PL teams. Lewandowski has great longevity. Suarez has a pretty poor record in the UCL too. I remember him costing Barca quite a few big CL games.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

3rd best of the generation is easily Xavi. Lewandowski has nothing on him in terms of influence to winning.

It's Messi, CR7, Xavi, Iniesta, and 5th spot goes to any of Robben, Neuer, Lewa, Suarez, Benz, and Modric.

Xavi was class between 08-12 but i would maybe rate Iniesta over him because of the longevity, Iniesta was also a key for 2015 treble win and imo he is very underrated. When Andres was in mood the match was already won before it started.

iniestaGOAT

There are so many players who have a claim to be the 3rd best player in the CR7 Messi generation.

Earlier we had Xavi, Iniesta, Ribery, Neuer, Robben, Neymar, De Bruyne...

Lewandowski started becoming really good only in 2013.

Lewandowski's the best player in the last few years but Messi has been at the top for so long Lewy was still playing in Poland then.

No chance. Iniesta is literally number one when it comes to winning. International and club football. Goals in all kinds of finals.

olivis

No chance. Iniesta is literally number one when it comes to winning. International and club football. Goals in all kinds of finals.

I agree, what I meant though is due to longetivity you can barely name the 3rd person as their dominance spans over such a long period. In the beginning there were Xavi and Iniesta, but they're long gone. Then Neuer, Modric and Ribery shared the stage with Messi and Ronaldo in these awards, and now Lewandowski is dominating the scene.

It's almost like there have been multiple generations since Messi started and it's almost impossible to pick the #3.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I agree, what I meant though is due to longetivity you can barely name the 3rd person as their dominance spans over such a long period. In the beginning there were Xavi and Iniesta, but they're long gone. Then Neuer, Modric and Ribery shared the stage with Messi and Ronaldo in these awards, and now Lewandowski is dominating the scene.

It's almost like there have been multiple generations since Messi started and it's almost impossible to pick the #3.

yeah good point

Home of Barca Fans