9 - Robert Lewandowski

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
shit bayern! Buy all the good players from BVB and from all BL-teams .. :angry:

Think about it this way: By undermining their opponents and other title contenders in the Buli, Buli will become less competitive and in the end it will not be good for then. :p

Trickykid

Think about it this way: By undermining their opponents and other title contenders in the Buli, Buli will become less competitive and in the end it will not be good for then. :p

It's not exactly a rare occurence for top teams to buy locally. Where we thinking about the competition when we bought Villa and Alba? How about the current fad of the forum, Oliver Torres? Would you be opposed to us getting him then?

Howes

It shows a lack of financial competitiveness in the league, fair to say that about the spainish league as well

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It's not exactly a rare occurence for top teams to buy locally. Where we thinking about the competition when we bought Villa and Alba? How about the current fad of the forum, Oliver Torres? Would you be opposed to us getting him then?

Certainly not and Bayern is certainly not the only team who does it, it is just that they used to have this agenda to deliberately undermine their main competitors that Hoeneß openly admitted to, and given the fact that Bayern enjoys the lopsided advantages (in terms of history, results, fame and prestige etc.) in German club football (unlike in La Liga there are two teams that are pretty much even), they tend to attract a lot more domestic talent than us or RM in the case of Spain, I'd think.

The Observer

Wouldn't you jump at the opportunity to sign a better striker than Mandzukic, while still retaining a similar style of play, almost for free??
It's not like he would stay in Dortmund anyways.

btw... today we had news that Juventus has renewed interest in Mandzukic who was said to be interested as well.

What's wrong with Mandzukic anyway? He scores regularly, works extremely hard and is a superb header. Would be the perfect #9 for Barcelona to mix it up at times.

Bayern losing Mandzukic is good news. One immense aerial threat less. :D

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

Hoeneß openly admitted to

No, he admitted to have done that in the past.
The motivation behind Götze was somewhat different, given Pep's interest in Neymar.
Also activating a 37 mio. contract clause is not exactly "weakening the opponent", especially with the BVB's track record of buying up talent at modest prices.

Also in case of Lewandowski it is NOT a matter of financial imbalances, since Real Madrid repeatedly increased their offer over Bayern's (or so it is said). If Lewandowski was only after money, he would just join Real, but obviously he prefers Bayern nonetheless, thus the reason here is NOT the financial imbalance between Bayern and Dortmund, but rather the prospect to play as starter in the currently best team in the world and with probably the most popular manager on this planet.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

What's wrong with Mandzukic anyway? He scores regularly, works extremely hard and is a superb header. Would be the perfect #9 for Barcelona to mix it up at times.

Bayern losing Mandzukic is good news. One immense aerial threat less. :D

Well, yeah... Mandzukic is superb as defending striker and has excellent headers. But other than that, he appears somewhat limited compared to Lewandowski.
Also Lewa is probably the striker who comes closest to Drogba in his day regarding holding and distributing balls up the center. He has incredible ball control and tackling resistance.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The motivation behind Götze was somewhat different, given Pep's interest in Neymar.
Also activating a 37 mio. contract clause is not exactly "weakening the opponent", especially with the BVB's track record of buying up talent at modest prices.

Also in case of Lewandowski it is NOT a matter of financial imbalances, since Real Madrid repeatedly increased their offer over Bayern's (or so it is said). If Lewandowski was only after money, he would just join Real, but obviously he prefers Bayern nonetheless, thus the reason here is NOT the financial imbalance between Bayern and Dortmund, but rather the prospect to play as starter in the currently best team in the world and with probably the most popular manager on this planet.

Yeah, I said "they used to". And I agree that Lewandowski is joining Bayern not for money. Again, case in point of Bayern's lopsided advantages in fame and prestige, so much so that almost every German and other Buli talent knocks on Bayern's door wanting to join them.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
This - Bayern undoubtedly have a history of intentionally weakening (or destroying?) their competition by raiding them for players, but neither Lewandowski nor Götze (nor any recent transfer I can think of) can be counted as examples for that. Both were extremely keen on playing for Bayern. Gotze is the hottest German talent around, so it's understandable Bayern went for him. Lewandowski is a different question, I don't really see any real need for him (or a striker in general) at Bayern, but if Guardiola feels he needs one, Lewandowski is the best available choice. And if he desperately wants to go there (something which I don't necessarily understand), the whole deal makes a lot of sense.

I can understand Dortmund fans being angered by it, especially in Gotze's case - I was annoyed myself. But I'd put more blame on Gotze than Bayern, if anything, it was a "dick move" from him, not Bayern. Same goes for Lewandowski really.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
It's going to be fun seeing him play for Bayern. Until we face them in the CL again that is..

Science Kid

So, Lewa on the verge of signing the cuntract. No surprise, he is a cunt after all.

He's a mercenary,like most football players with no sense of loyalty or belonging.He and his agent spent most of last year proclaiming his transfer to Bayern a done deal and he ''surprisingly''missed a penalty against Bayern 20 days before the final and played like utter shit in the final.

I'm sure once your thoughts are in another club you're going to give 100% against that same club.Dortmund f**** destroyed Bayern 2 years in a row and once they started to lose their sense of supremacy they went and did what they're best at,buy their best players and create schism in the team.Goetze even traveled apart from the players to London.And Lewa was halfway to Munchen as well.

Like someone else said,of course Bayern wants the best players,who wouldnt?It's empty vessels like Goetze and Lewa that destroy parity and run like little cowards to the unquestioned supremacy of Bayern.I don't know why there's still a bundesliga...no team has a fair chance to compete with Bayern and the cowardly mentality of most players to only want to play for the best team instead of being a part of a team that could challenge them.And Dortmund not only challenged,it owned Bayern in 2010/11 and 2011/12.With loyal players,they could have become an equal rival to them.Now they're no different than Schalke or Leverkusen.

Home of Barca Fans