9 - Robert Lewandowski

Juan Shoe

As I've stated previously as a winger Lewandowski would not succeed but he has the complete skill set and work rate to play as an inside froward in the way that Villa currently does. There could also be rotation between and within games. Messi, Lewandowski and Neymar together has so many possibilities and variation that they could destroy opponents. I seriously doubt we will sign both these players this summer and if it is buy one now and wait for the other then Lewandowski would be my preference.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Damn cross bar.....would have been 5 goals against Madrid in 2 games =(. Oh well. Wasn't terrible. Definitely should have snuffed Alonso and Ramos though. At least he didn't fall and roll around though.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Alves---Pique---Hummels---Alba

--------Busquets--Xavi--------

----Messi----Iniesta----Neymar---

------------Lewandowski------------

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Alves---Pique---Hummels---Alba

--------Busquets--Xavi--------

----Messi----Iniesta----Neymar---

------------Lewandowski------------

Wonder who would do the running for those guys?
As much as Pedro and Alexis sucked this season, we do need players like them to add some balance.

Irish_Cules

Wonder who would do the running for those guys?
As much as Pedro and Alexis sucked this season, we do need players like them to add some balance.

Ye you're right. I was thinking there recently that Cavani would be the perfect striker for Barca if we wanted a number 9. He's tall, fast, scores bucket loads of goals but he also closes down the opposition relentlessly. I know he's completely out of the question though given his price tag.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I never like to talk about transfers, but attacking-wise, he would be my dream signing for Barca. He can hold up the play so well. His passing game is quite good and he's a work-horse too. Just because Ibra didn't work out doesn't mean nobody will. I think we absolutely need a physical presence upfront to keep CBs off of Messi and just so that Dani can have a potential target to aim for.

Co0ter

As a no 9? sure
but I can't see him switching to the right or left comfortably like Eto did

Exactly this. But he's too big to press like Eto'o did, he'd run out of gas by the second half. There are only two players I can think of that could replicate the greatness of Eto'o and that is Ronaldo and Falcao....and I'm not sure either of them have the heart that Eto'o gave each and every game.

Doobs

The Messiah
Also, Eto'o was faster, smarter, and more agile than Lewandowski can ever be. An absolute beast. Still can't get over the fact we sold him for Ibra. What if we got another season out of him? :worthy:

Co0ter

Also, Eto'o was faster, smarter, and more agile than Lewandowski can ever be. An absolute beast. Still can't get over the fact we sold him for Ibra. What if we got another season out of him? :worthy:

The sad part is that Eto'o, despite turning 29 that year, was only getting better. Even with his injuries, his best year was the year we sold him...go figure. Pep obviously knew what he was doing, but I'm not sure forcing Eto'o out was necessary....they must have really not got along.

Home of Barca Fans