9 - Robert Lewandowski

Blackened

Messigician is 100% right. This forum seems to be way too obsessed with goals. Yes, they eventually decide games but go and watch Lewys goals from youtube. 90% are penalties and tap-ins. He plays in a well-oiled machine that is Bayern. Switch him to say Edinson Cavani and the Uruguayan would have similar numbers. Football is a team sport that consists of so many different things. The person who wins the Ballondor should possess many of those attributes -not just finishing.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Messigician is 100% right. This forum seems to be way too obsessed with goals. Yes, they eventually decide games but go and watch Lewys goals from youtube. 90% are penalties and tap-ins. He plays in a well-oiled machine that is Bayern. Switch him to say Edinson Cavani and the Uruguayan would have similar numbers. Football is a team sport that consists of so many different things. The person who wins the Ballondor should possess many of those attributes -not just finishing.

we are not talking about someone who scored 30-40 goals in 2021 but 70. The amount of goals makes a huge difference. Further its easier in a well oiled team, thats true but it was the same in 09-12, 15 for Messi and for Ronaldo in 08,16-18 and still i didnt see people complain about it. Last two years lewa didnt stop scoring even when bayern played bad and loosing, we saw how bayern lost against psg because they missed ''just'' a finisher. If Messi would have played the whole year like in copa then yeah messi would have been the best but so the best player 2021 was for me and probably for 95% of the people Lewa. Looking at the history of ballon dors its not wrong that messi wins it but i speaking only about the individual performances. By the way the claim that 90% are tap ins and pens is trash :lol:

iniestaGOAT

He is right in the sense that Lewandowski is no where close to Messi and messi deserves the BAlldor. But he is a beast too and Cavani would def not have the same numbers as him.

Windhook

Messi still has more qualities in his game than Lewa. Contrary to some opinions that the award was already decided in October, in that case Messi was still riding high on Copa America victory and surge in popularity with the PSG move. But as we see with Lewa playing his best game and Messi's current slump in form I believe the voting has shifted in other direction.

Yannik

Lewandowski is "no where close to Messi" in the year 2021?

Delusional.

I don't see it either. How is he nowhere near him this year? The year didn't stop the day he won a Copa. Imo they were still on somewhat "equal terms" in the 2/2 half of last season, but Messi got completely left behind Lewandowski in the 1/2 of the new season.

iniestaGOAT

I only knw the Messi till he won copa after that he went to PSG. Hvent follwoed him since. But last seasons messi is still clear of Lewandwosi.

olivis

Best player in 2021. Messi will win but everyone outside this forum will agree it's undeserved.

Ballon d'Or with journalists from 4th world countries voting makes no sense. The fact that all Spanish speaking countries tend to vote Messi, Asian tends to vote Ronaldo... in smaller countries it's all about marketing and popularity.

Nevertheless, 7th incoming and in a few years no one will remember the circumstances. People will just remember 7 vs 5 and Messi's clear of Ronaldo.

Home of Barca Fans