9 - Robert Lewandowski

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lewandowski definitely deserved it last season. Wouldn't mind if he's given it this year since France Football screwed him over last year.

Hardy

see salah rank in 2018 and you'll understand why lewa has no chance to win, unless Poland pulls a miracle at euro

Yannik

i do hope he will win it based on people voring on both years. Obviously the Euros will be a big decider however.

El Flaco

Sucks for Lewy that he most likely won't get Ballon d'Or this year.

Bayern got eliminated in QFs at UCL and Poland have almost no chance winning Euro 2021.

Big trophies do matter in Ballon d'ors.

DonAK

Nah, he had a briliant individual year.

So did Messi who actually won a trophy to show for it too. Also the only time the voting period was extended which came after Cristiano and Mendes cried because Blatter made a joke about him.

DonAK

Messi had injury troubles in 2013, in that particular year, i think you'll find it hard to argue Messi was better(even if was only due to injuries).

No.

Messi was better. Even then could argue Ribery or someone from Bayern deserved it based on their treble.

There was no justification for CR7 winning it for beating Sweden in a WC-qualifier lel.

Only player who won it without winning a trophy in recent times.

Robbery.

Morten

No.

Messi was better. Even then could argue Ribery or someone from Bayern deserved it based on their treble.

There was no justification for CR7 winning it for beating Sweden in a WC-qualifier lel.

Only player who won it without winning a trophy.

Robbery.

No, he wasn't.

I think you are confusing different years here, Ronaldo had 69 goals and 15 assists in 2013, Messi had 45 goals and 16 assists in 2013, how was Messi better?
Again, the difference is mainly due to Messi having injuries, but less appearances are less appearances.

The justification for Ronaldo winning it was the 2nd highest tally for goals in a calendar year for a good number of years.

Home of Barca Fans