9 - Robert Lewandowski

Laplacian

Was it that much different in the early 2010s, when Barca and RM were trashing teams with 4-5 goals almost every week?

Yes, La Liga was a farmer's league with a bunch of its teams dominating the champions and europa league respectively. Yeah no, the top half of la liga was by far the best in Europe during 2008-2015.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Messi from 2009-2019 scored 524 goals in 524 games and CR7 at RM scored 450 goals in 450 games. Most of this was when LL was the strongest league in the world.

Unbelievable stuff, imagine having 450+ matches and you have still one goal per match rate. These numbers are crazy. I wonder when we will see another dude who will reach those numbers, maybe Haaland? I hope not. These records should be hold by these two unbeliavble legends.

KingLeo10

Unbelievable stuff, imagine having 450+ matches and you have still one goal per match rate. These numbers are crazy. I wonder when we will see another dude who will reach those numbers, maybe Haaland? I hope not. These records should be hold by these two unbeliavble legends.

Don't think Haaland will get there. It's very hard to remain at the top. I think Haaland will get 2-3 seasons of 50 goals which of course is very great. But his ceiling imo is Lewandowski level.

Morten

I wouldn't mind if Haaland broke all club goalscoring records there are(International football is out of the question), but lets see how things turn out.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Don't think Haaland will get there. It's very hard to remain at the top. I think Haaland will get 2-3 seasons of 50 goals which of course is very great. But his ceiling imo is Lewandowski level.

Lets hope but honestly im afraid of him. His scoring rate is really impressive and he looks like someone who will burn to break these records :nervous::nervous:

Yannik

Shit league, hardly any teams capable of putting a fight against Bayern. Place 11/12 Messi and Cr7 in there in place of Lewa the record would've been broken almost a decade ago. Bundesliga literally stat padding for Bayern's forwards.

It's a record that hasnt been broken by thousands of players in 50 years.
Yes obviously 2 of the greatest players of all time during their peak would have most likely beaten the record too. But noone else did in all that time, its certainly special.

Last edited:

Morten

Haaland is not fully devoloped yet though, imagine when/if he becomes a great header of the ball as well.

Mitchell1978

Ronaldo had in 14/15 48 in 35 = 1.37

Messi had in 11/12 50 in 37 = 1,35

Lewa has now 41 in 29 = 1.41 !!

This man is unbelivable.

Messi had 46 in 32 in 2012-13 = 1,44 (or a goal every 57 minutes and only 4 penalties)

Also Messi in 2011-12 and Ronaldo in 2014-15 a goal every 65 minutes (both 10 penalties)

Lewa has a goal every 60 minutes this season (with 8 penalties), respect for an unbelievable season, 3e best goalscorer of the last 20 years imo

Last edited:

Yannik

Different players have different development trajectories, some bloom early, some bloom late. It is not all linear.

Indeed. A large number of current top players were widely unknown at the age of 20 but were super stars at 25. Being the best at age 20 must not mean you will remain the best aged 21 though it does put you in a decent spot.

Home of Barca Fans