9 - Robert Lewandowski

Rival

I'm surprised the lot of you here are seemingly OK with putting down 40m EUR for Lewandowski.... the lad is 33, you are not going to get much more/longer out of him.

This is not the way Barcelona should move forward. I would prefer the club to focus on young talent.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
If we compare it to Suarez (paid 80m), we got 4 world class seasons, equalling 20m per year.

Say Lewandowski costs 40m, hopefully we can get 2 world class seasons from him, that would equal the same per year as Suarez.

40m isn't unreasonable, but that means Lewandowski needs to be world class at ages 34 and 35.

malvolio

If we compare it to Suarez (paid 80m), we got 4 world class seasons, equalling 20m per year.

Say Lewandowski costs 40m, hopefully we can get 2 world class seasons from him, that would equal the same per year as Suarez.

40m isn't unreasonable, but that means Lewandowski needs to be world class at ages 34 and 35.

You didn't factor in Messi's contribution to Suarez's output. And the fact that we had the best team around for the first two seasons.

Porque

The video was made months ago - and it does not really surprise that Lewandowski is not in as he promotes his own football video game with his RL9 brand.

https://football.coach/

Good spot.

Bayern seems to have us by the balls at this negotiation.

We have no alternative, and even Bayerns is Jonathan David and he will pass from 80m+

The curiosity is if we need goals from the CF or from the wings. Because the only thing vinfirmed right now is that Dembele and Adama are both gone. Whole Auba Is here and now with a pre-season at hand.

Andresito

Staff member
Bayern know Barca are desperate. Can imagine we'll offer up to 50-55m excluding add-ons. I think we should stop now though. 40+5m is enough.

Porque

We should approach David, Etikeke or someone formally just to make Bayern think we have alternatives.

Problem is the si o si with Zahavi. But in a hardball situation, one year and we can take Lewa for free and also reward him with the sign-on fee.

Home of Barca Fans