9 - Robert Lewandowski

kattanib

Its very simple. A team that wins when they are not at their best and a player that scores when he isnt at his best .. is the best thing you can hope for. Humans are inconsistent and that is the only consistent thing about them

FinBarcelonafan

Its very simple. A team that wins when they are not at their best and a player that scores when he isnt at his best .. is the best thing you can hope for. Humans are inconsistent and that is the only consistent thing about them

Very true. Good teams and players find a way to win even on bad days or at least reduce their loss.

pers

Yeah last 3 months he is not inform for sure. I can't remember him playing so bad for so long.

JohnN

If it was Suarez in his place, the forum would be full of people claiming he messes up all our attacks by heavy touches and failed highlight passes.
We have no other option for CF and we might need his solo / long range goals at difficult matches.
He does move all the time to create space though but his combination play / technical ability is not on par with Pedri / Gavi.

serghei

If it was Suarez in his place, the forum would be full of people claiming he messes up all our attacks by heavy touches and failed highlight passes.
We have no other option for CF and we might need his solo / long range goals at difficult matches.
He does move all the time to create space though but his combination play / technical ability is not on par with Pedri / Gavi.

But 2018-2019 Suarez would also be great for us at this point in time. Back then when people were blaming him we were actually a top 3-4 team.

I think Lewa is at the level of old, post-prime but not done Suarez.

The problem is class no9 are mega expensive, the type of player you can't just promote from youth teams. So we are looking at an investment needing some 100m in about 2 years.

Last edited:

Alik

But 2018-2019 Suarez would also be great for us at this point in time. Back then when people were blaming him we were actually a top 3-4 team.

I think Lewa is at the level of old, post-prime but not done Suarez.

The problem is class no9 are mega expensive, the type of player you can't just promote from youth teams. So we are looking at an investment needing some 100m in about 2 years.

And Suarez was an amigo. A bad influence in the dressing room.

Neeraj

Don't think we can compare Lewa to old Suarez, think that's extremely unfair. Old Suarez was fat, with 0 work-rate, couldn't control a ball to save his life and messed literally everything up. Lewa has been poor (as I said in the other thread I thought he was poor aside the goal) but in general, his forward play is still quite good. His combinations with some of the forwards, the neat 1-2's, his strength to hold the ball back to goal and every now and then magical pass - all in addition to still being a quality finisher.

Yes, inside the box he isn't as lethal in terms of controlling balls that are coming to him with speed or messing some half chances up, and he seems rusty. But still a good player and nowhere near where Suarez was.

CatalinR10

Come on fam what is this shit ? Except for his nice shot he's missed so many passes and his decision making is weird lately.

We had a good chance at that counter close to the end of HT but instead of passing the ball to the right making it a 1v1 he passed it left.

vuji_31

That not pass to Rapinha, made me almost break monitor.

We need to win this game, and go 8 points, next game is against Villareal, without Dembele and Busi is it will be miracle to win.
Also Gavi or Araujo getting booked we play withou them.

JohnN

Consistent in being bad in interplay, now topped with a really bad counter decision (a clear pass for goal was obvious for seconds). Only good thing was the banger from far away.
If this team had an actual false 9 like Messi in his haydays we would be terrifying.

Home of Barca Fans