9 - Robert Lewandowski

Horatio

You're welcome
Lewy is very consistent in his technical ability unlike Suarez, even in his haydays at Barca. I'm more in awe of his all around play than goals he scores, because that i was expecting. He almost never losses the ball and constantly invents some unorthodox move to get around defenses. Very exciting player to watch.

@0:17 But Suarez did it better.

Temptation

The Suarez one is much easier to do coz of the large amount of space in behind the defender.

The Lewandowski one is literally inside the penalty box with zero room for error or space in case you overhit it on the flick.

Anyone who has kicked a ball in their life will know which one is tougher to pull off.

Gnidrologist

I didn't post this to downplay Suarez, who was an absolute monster in his prime, fam. Still, great that Lewy is still prime player in his 34. That has to be admired too. 34 year Suarez is nowhere near that. And i would say that his creativity with linkup, holdup and general passing is better than anything i've seen from Barca Suarez. Left to be seen how long he can sustain his ubermensch condition though.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Even peak Suarez was kinda a donkey often. Bad controls, misplaced passes. Lewa has always been a much more consistent player technically. But Suarez regularly came up with some outrageous shit as well. Lewa is a more boring striker in this sense, with no South American flair. Hard to say who is better. Both have one CL and a shitload of domestic titles.

Temptation

Even peak Suarez was kinda a donkey often. Bad controls, misplaced passes. Lewa has always been a much more consistent player technically. But Suarez regularly came up with some outrageous shit as well. Lewa is a more boring striker in this sense, with no South American flair. Hard to say who is better. Both have one CL and a shitload of domestic titles.

Yeah both have been the same in the CL. :lol::lol:

1 CL= 1 CL=Same Individual Performance. Great analysis.

KingLeo10

Which strikers can we say were definitively better than Suarez and Lewa historically?

R9
Puskas
MVB
Romario
Gerd Muller

Anyone else?

Home of Barca Fans