9 - Robert Lewandowski

KingLeo10

Haaland is a monstrous talent (from a scoring POV), but people anoint him GOAT potential too soon.

The benchmark for GOAT tier right now is 10+ seasons of 50 goals, multiple CLs, multiple top league titles, multiple european golden shoes.

Haaland should consider himself with an awesome career if he even ends up like Lewandowski's goals and accomplishments. Haaland himself knows this; look at his recent comments on Lewa and Bayern

Horatio

You're welcome
It's a flair move. You won't see Haaland or Nunez do it but it's nothing pathbreaking obviously. Technically gifted forwards try that.

I haven't seen it done in this fashion that many times to be honest. Or maybe I should be paying more attention. Usually I see them flick it along the front of the player and then spin or run directly pass them from other side. But to do pass with inside of feet behind your standing leg have the ball go along the back of player and then run along in front of them, not seen it too often.

Anyway, I did not pick up on it during the game.

Last edited:

Temptation

I haven't seen it done in this fashion that many times to be honest. Or maybe I should be paying more attention. Usually I see them flick it along the front of the player and then spin or run directly pass them from other side. But to do pass it with the heel along the back of player and then run along in front of them, not seen it too often.

Anyway, I did not pick up on it during the game.

It's not that common. It is rather rare these days. Firmino does these a lot.

Lewy tries to do these sudden unexpected turns and moves a lot to outfox defenders and get a yard of space for himself.

You'll see it more as you see him play. He takes full advantage of the technique he has with sideheels and backheels and unorthodox borderline Martial Arts moves in the air to make a pass or get a shot away.

Messigician

It's not that common. It is rather rare these days. Firmino does these a lot.

Lewy tries to do these sudden unexpected turns and moves a lot to outfox defenders and get a yard of space for himself.

You'll see it more as you see him play. He takes full advantage of the technique he has with sideheels and backheels and unorthodox borderline Martial Arts moves in the air to make a pass or get a shot away.

Yes Zlatan also used martial arts moves in his plays

Andresito

Staff member
It's a flair move. You won't see Haaland or Nunez do it but it's nothing pathbreaking obviously. Technically gifted forwards try that.

Suarez tried that pretty often [MENTION=20218]Horatio[/MENTION] which is why I'm used to seeing it. Even recall Pedro doing it

Temptation

Suarez tried a lot of this on the ground level mostly- especially in his Liverpool days.

Zlatan, with his martial arts background did more of it in the air with his crazy flexibility.

I'd say Lewy does a bit of both and tries it on the ground and in the air.

Like I said, you Barca fans will see more of it as you watch more of him.

Horatio

You're welcome
Suarez tried that pretty often [MENTION=20218]Horatio[/MENTION] which is why I'm used to seeing it. Even recall Pedro doing it

I was going to say, I would imagine Suarez doing it. But I thought Suarez always used outside of his foot doing that.

Can you show me instance where he uses inside of foot to pass the ball along the back of his standing leg to have the ball go along the back of opponent then him running from the front?

Last edited:

Temptation

Suarez is more of a ricochet and nutmeg merchant.

There used to be a joke back in the day that Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid.

KingLeo10

Suarez had more moments of absolute genius than Lewa, but he was all over the place. Had some horrible hold up play too.

Lewa is more consistent/more of a technician

Horatio

You're welcome

In this video closes Suarez came to what Lewy did is at 1:59. But even then it is not the same as he has the opponent in his back and ends up nutmegging him. Lewy passes the ball as if he would pass it to a teammate running behind him as you often see by pulling back the ball and then using inside of foot along the back of the leg you stand on to pass it laterally in relation to what direction your body is positioned.

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

Lewy is very consistent in his technical ability unlike Suarez, even in his haydays at Barca. I'm more in awe of his all around play than goals he scores, because that i was expecting. He almost never losses the ball and constantly invents some unorthodox move to get around defenses. Very exciting player to watch.

Home of Barca Fans