9 - Robert Lewandowski

DsLR

?50m + ?19m gross salary x 3 years

Spending ?110m on a 34yo whos contract expires next year is Bartomeu level of incompetent

Yannik

at the end of the day Lewy handled this poorly and Bayern may or may not make an example of him not being bigger than the club. They signed Mane for quite cheap who could play No 9 for a year and may still be looking at another backup striker with long term potential like Ekitike or David.
I do not believe Bayern would send Lewy to the stands as that could be used against them in court, however if Lewy decided to play the "I'll strike" card then this would essentially water down to the same thing, just with a different narrative and a much better legal perspective for the club.

Last edited:

Total-Football

People should understand that without Lewa there is no hope of fighting for trophies next year. Barca do not have goal scorers. Auba is an old OK attacker at best.

Andresito

Staff member
People should understand that without Lewa there is no hope of fighting for trophies next year. Barca do not have goal scorers. Auba is an old OK attacker at best.

I think everyone can agree on that. But at the same time there has to be a limit to how much we should spend on the guy.

Barcilliant

What guarantee 8s there that Lewa will be the saviour if this team? The jury is still out on Xavi. We don't know if he's capable of managing this club. If he can't manage Lewa effectively there's no guarantee of goals.

Temptation

What guarantee 8s there that Lewa will be the saviour if this team? The jury is still out on Xavi. We don't know if he's capable of managing this club. If he can't manage Lewa effectively there's no guarantee of goals.

I mean Prime Lewandowski(current version) scores atleast a goal a game for this awful Polish side with crap managers. Pretty much the biggest "goal guarantee" on the planet by far.

Temptation

That has more to with Messi's shortcomings when playing in a team and style of play that aren't ideal for him rather than about aging attackers moving clubs in general.

Ronaldo had little problem adapting to new clubs at 33 and 36 and even inferior attackers like Suarez in his first season at Atletico, Cavani in his first season at United, and Zlatan moving back to Milan at 38 have all adapted quickly and performed well.

The latter three of those players were also already sruggling with injury issues and nowhere near Lewa's current level when making the move.

Spot on as usual. Well said

Home of Barca Fans